The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SirLSD

can someone confirm this is a L. Williamsii var caespitosa?

looks like caespitosa to me.

beautiful plants by the way!

Guest Mexicali
yes?

Yup, they're Caespitosas alright!

Grafted?

Don't forget that a NORMAL williamsii (once grafted) is very likely to become Caespitose as well....we've had this discusion with Mike and Jake MANY times...

You can't really tell the TRUE nature of a plant when it's grafted cos they behave in different ways when grafted.

Very pretty plants :) Do they wanna have sex with MY plants???

lol

they would love it mexicali. she is a virgin and all her flowers have been going to waste for too long!. do you have any non caespitose pollen?

btw i have a couple of normal williamsii from sab that i have grafted but they refuse to put out pups sofar. (no flowers yet either :( )

Isn´t that a caespitose form of that weird L.jourdania clone? In this case it would have some very tiny little thorns on the areoles. Just feel it a little bit up :-)

hmmm now you got me worried. there isn't any visible thorns but some of the tufts of fluff seem to catch on the skin a little bit when you run your finger over it. others dont. and nothing visible. btw it came from a local nursery.

is the jourdania variety active?

Edited by SirLSD

Guest Mexicali
Isn´t that a caespitose form of that weird L.jourdania clone? In this case it would have some very tiny little thorns on the areoles. Just feel it a little bit up :-)

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!

The number of Jourdanianas in Australia can be cunted using ONE HAND!!!

It's a plant that originated inh GERMANY and (since imports are illegal), it's VERY HARD to find it here....

That's a straight will that pupped once gradted (making it caespitosE).

Guest Mexicali

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!

The jourdanianas in Australia can be counted in ONE hand (not two). They were manufactured in GERMANY (by Gherhard Koehres) - not a natural plant - and since lophophora is illegal to import, there AREN'T many specimens here. Koehres doesn't even sell the seed (NO-ONE sells the seed)...so Jourdaniana is bloody RARE here...Jack put up a thread of MY Jourdaniana (echinata)...one of the FIVE PLANTS IN THE COUNTRY!

How did I get it? I work with Koehres and get ANYTHING I want from them :wink:

Edited by Mexicali