The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

fuck 2

i mentioned in another thread that the sun has moved and fried some of my cacti, well i didnt realise the extent till this morning, at least 5 variegated plants are gone, each having majority white, all my hybrid seedlings, icaros seedlings and a tray of pachaoi seedlings. ahhhhhhh and it looks like i may loose a cristate. fuck. and i swear the sun wasnt in that position when i was home on the weekend. ohwell

Guest Mexicali

Man that's sooooo sad :(

Variagated plants.....why did you leave those in the sun? They need minimal to NO sun exposure :(

Fuck indeed teo....me sad for you and the beauties..... :(

:wacko: Sorry to hear that my friend, I feel for you mate... my condolences,

Wow what a bitch! :o

Yeah you've got to be extra careful at this time of year, that dropping sun is really moving and can catch you unawares. It's burnt things of mine before too but nothing that precious.

Variagated plants.....why did you leave those in the sun? They need minimal to NO sun exposure

i know hence why they were under the shade, ive got three more but im not sure if one will make it, the other two are the least variegated of the bunch and are ok. also fried my super kuboto seedlings :( oh well good reason to move indoors i guess.

Yeah the sun is really moving each day at the moment it seems. Slipping into autum mode. Still I would have thought it would be happening gradually enough to not fuck up any cacti. What a shitter mate, I hope they recover.

ive never noticed this in autumn

but it gets me all the time in winter to spring transition

sorry to hear the bad news Teo

also about the variegation

ive always thought and acted accordingly that varegated plants need more sun not less as they have less chlorophyll

its ceratinly true of variegated leafy plants

it's true, variegations need more light due to lack of chlorophyll.

Sorry for the loss teo.

i found that because of the lack of chlorophyll, the ones i lost were pretty much white all over, they burned really easily, the white bits also didnt grow as fast as the green bits so your right in that respect, but placing in more sun would have caused serious burns. over the last few weeks i had aclimated them to more sun, morning sun then diffuse all day, but the movement of the sun caused almost double the amount of direct light they received.

i still have some ones which are only slightly variegated and im still hoping that some of the other seedlings will show some aswell, hopfully but im not holding my breath the cristate one will :). out of 20 seeds i got about 12 up and about 7 of those were variegated.