The Corroboree
organichigh

Morning Glory? ID

post-1450-1140839998.jpgMaybe its an obvious Q. but from the little flower/vine pic is this a morning glory?

Just curious as its growing rampently in many areas I live near. This fella was from the hinterland area, back of Sunsine Hoax.....

I have a couple I. Violacea just sprouted, so if they are anything like this wild vine I see everywhere then I better be careful where its planted..

The other pic is a plant from seed I got from the free seedring.. I however lost its name and its growing like crazy in my supposed vegi garden.. The plant in Q.s is the one with heart shaped leaves creeping over everything..

post-1450-1140840749.jpg

Thanks

hippy

post-1450-1140839998.jpg

post-1450-1140840749.jpg

post-1450-1140839998.jpg

post-1450-1140840749.jpg

It's Ipomoea Indica, a common weed throughout much of Australia.

Not employed as a psychoactive by anyone, that I am aware of.

I think that was everyone's first excited find, only to have their hopes dashed. I know I thought I'd found the real thing. :D

edit: Oh yeah, and I'm not sure what the plant is in the 2nd pic.

Edited by Benzito

that second one does look like hawaiian baby woodrose to me, with the thicker whitish vine. am i wrong?

Cool! Thanks fellas~!

Nah the second one can't be HBW... I've got one near this plant and its definetly not one.. It grows like a mad cat and im thinking of moving it because of this reason...

Anyway I guess time will tell...............

The other pic is a plant from seed I got from the free seedring.. I however lost its name and its growing like crazy in my supposed vegi garden.. The plant in Q.s is the one with heart shaped leaves creeping over everything..

post-1450-1140840749.jpg

This plant has just flowered! untitled.bmp Any ideas now?

untitled.bmp

untitled.bmp

post-1450-1140840749.jpg

Uuuuh, isn't that the same flower as the original, first pic?

It's an Ipomoea, probably Indica, but maybe it's the other type that looks like that.... What are they called, someone help me? There are 2 types with that flower! :blink:

Either way, not much use for neo-shamanism. :(

Not the same flower... Diferent plant, flower colour and leaf..

It may be a Violacea... I have a small seedling just about to get its true leaves so i will be able to tell if it is.. But I am positive I got the seed from the free seed ring, so I would assume its useful for something..

Any how its growing a little too well for its position, so I guess I'll be moving it whatever it is...

Yeah i found those a few weeks ago and asked about why they weren't producing seeds...seems they "rarely set seed in this country". bummer :angry: . However i found most sources told me that they were Ipomoea Purpurea. try google image searching it.

They're not I. Purpurea, as they generally have the fork shaped flowers rather than hearts. If it's from the seed ring then it would be I. Tricolor "west indies" variety. It could be I. Indica, I don't know much about that species, but I think it also has the forked leaves, so maybe not. Most people use the name Violacea and tricolor as interchangeable, but I'm still trying to figure out if they really ARE. If violacea isn't tricolor then I don't know what it is. I reckon you've got "west indies" (vigorous violacea), and that would make sense if you got it from the seed ring.

-Zac

Edit:Doing a quick google image search on purpurea, a lot of the pictures have heart-shaped flowers. Not that I'm saying that's an authority on the issue, but there's obviously some...actually a lot of confusion on the various species' of Ipomoea. Maybe what I call purpurea is actually indica.

Edited by ballzac

:unsure: well that didn't help to clarify matters did it?

dammit i'm confused now. someone knowledgeable in this area better come in here and tell us what's what.

whatver you have if its going rampant then kill it now

if its no use then get rid of it before it gets away from you

rampant rooting species are not good for anyone but themselves, especialy vines

get some seed of HBWR fractal or FNQ strain, some I violacea 'Heavenly blue', and some Rivea corymbosa

almost everything else is junk (read nauseating, not psychoactive and or strongly laxative) or a weed. these 3 can be a weed too but in a much more limited zone than the others.

if you live in a harsh climate keep MG H blue as its an annual plant and try I. muellerii as its a vigorous native annual vine that also flowers in the first season and seems promising

Edited by Rev

Thanks rev! Now i'm not confused!