The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
simon_marklar

'Lost world' found in PNG

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/expeditio...9074216153.html

Australian and other scientists have found a "Lost World" in a remote Indonesian mountain jungle, home to exotic new species of birds, butterflies, frogs and plants as well as mammals unafraid of humans despite being hunted to near extinction elsewhere.

"It's as close to the Garden of Eden as you're going to find on Earth," said Bruce Beehler, co-leader of the US, Indonesian and Australian expedition to part of the cloud-shrouded Foja mountains in the province of Papua that covers the western half of New Guinea.

who said the whole of this earth has been explored? :)

Irian / West Papua has some of the wildest jungles in the world. I am not surprised they are finding lots of new species there. Let's hope that civil war won't destroy too much of it in the next few years.

I grew up in New Guinea and have been to the Solomon Islands for the last 3 years on exploration holidays.. The place is amazing an still alive with the vibe of freedom.. People still look right into your eyes to see who u reallly are.. Mental telepathy, simple living, organic food, fresh air and some of the happiest people on earth.....

It always makes me wonder when I go there why I live the chaotic western life, I guess Im just addicted and habitual, and trapped in the web.. But I also know Im not done an gone, cause Im looking at moving there in the next couple of years, blending both worlds to create and protect some of the last gardens of paradise. Australia is on the verge of overtaking the Solomons and making it another little america, taking the trees, oil, gold, nikkel, diamonds, fish, coral and peoples liberty and connection to the Earth.. Its really sad to see Aussie cops wandering the streets, getting pissed and spawning local one night stand offspring.. The place is on my high priority PROTECT and rejuvinate list. There arent too many places in the world left that are still fit for human habitation.....

The Pic is My own simple island surf refuge. Didnt see anyone for 2 weeks... A magical journey... Be great to take some journey herbs there... One of the most magical places an times of my life.. Going back near the end of year

post-1450-1140257484_thumb.jpg