The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Alexandrine Parrot free to good home

Daniel bought a couple of hand reared alexandrine parrots a few years ago. They were quite tame until they escaped and then after days of unsuccessful attempts of humane capture endured a rather traumatic recapture that included me sneaking up behind them in the dark and grabbing them by the neck, only to have my finger half severed and the parrots beak forced open to save my finger.....

needless to say we gave up on the second one.

anyway, after that they moved into our big walk in aviary (it's actually a snake/dog/eagle/rat proof chicken run) and we never made friends again.

Recently the blasted thing has decided to chew the wire mesh which has created rat and snake access holes all over the place. I don't want to put it in a small (parrot proof) aviary all by itself. In fact, I don't want to put it in a small aviary at all.

So, it has to go. No idea if it is a boy or a girl, but from the temperament I'd guess it's the girl :P

I don't want any money for it, but I do want to see that the new home is good. That means either other parrots present, or a very large aviary with some other birds.

Preferred location is between Byron and Brisbane, but we can also deliver to anywhere between here and sydney in the near future.