The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nate123

amazing

Wow, I'd love to see a better photo!

Some more Inca-trail cacti. These guys are famous, I've found a few shots of them, MSS may have even posted one.

post-608-1134015285_thumb.jpg

Yeah, certainly hard to tell the genus. Could be a Tricho, but maybe not. Who knows.

Strangebrew, yep, that's one of the photos I posted. It is my favorite for sure and is my newest "wallpaper." The plant is from near Sacsahuaman (aka Sacsayhuaman), one of many sites known for its incredible wall structures. It's somewhere near Cuzco. Do a Google Image search to see this place, it's incredible. I do hope there is lots of "right click, save" going on with the photos I've posted.

Boy, isn't there just something about these plants that is so facinating and addictive? I just can't get enough of them, and I'm pretty straight-edge, so don't get any funny ideas. I am actually suprized my interest is staying up when it is below zero C. outside here in the northern hemisphere. Usually I drop off in winter when I can't sit out with the plants, and as it is now it is even too cold in the garage.

But I must admit, I just found a new book to read that is very dense and long. I just started it and I might fade out for a bit depending on how much I get into it. It's Alvin Boyd Kuhn so I know I will. First things first though, I just found a non-circulating copy of Backeberg's Die Cactaceae in a very prestigious botanical book collection and plan on getting out there and finishing up copying the section and getting all the photos from it I'm missing.

~Michael~