The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
jasemateau

grafting discolouration

now i got these to little girls from sab and, i could'nt wait to get to start a graft, it has been 2 months on there and it is visable 2wice the size of its sister, but what's with the brown marks on the tri(where it was cut)at the first month it just looked like dead skin,now it got black sections on it near the edges, is everything ok?

and another thing, there is white like dandruff like schmere one the rooted lop is the from being watered and left in the sun?,

some days the rooted lop feels full of goodies and other days it feels like really soft is the normal?, what can i do to make it boost of is feet every day during this summer season?

if you were living in the south east of QLD how often should you water them?

i've been just misting them every day or second, only a few squirts just to moisten the soil

thanks in advance

hmm just question, wats this doing in seed and plant exchanges??? lol . they feel soft when they arnt full of water, so 3 weeks with no water and they might feel a little soft, if they are very squishy it could be rot. my guess is they feel soft in the arvo and hard in the morning???

if its in full sun all day u might wanna put it somewhere where it gets a bit of shade

generally speaking misting isnt such a good thing for cacti... you want the water in the dirt and nto on the plants

so as far as watering goes i think in qld once a week would probably be the most? but basically as long as the soil dries out COMPLETELY inbetween waterings then should b fine

dont water at all in winter.... or only 2 or 3 times at most

black stuff is rott and it should heal itself and turn to a grey/yellow dead skin looking bit if u let it dry out

as a point... cacti are usually killed with kindness, not neglect