The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
M S Smith

I'm on Wikipedia

How kool is that!! B)

I'm not trying to take any wind out of your sales Michael, I've got alot of respect for your work, but even I could be on wikipedia on T. Peruvianus. And I don't know what I'm talking about! :P

Okay, my post would probably be corrected within one or two days, but I could put a quote of my own on there! :lol:

The whole point of a wikipedia is that it is a user modified database, isn't it?

You could post your whole damn book if you want!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :blush:

Congrats anyway Michael, I honestly don't aspire to ever have as much knowledge as some of the posters on these forums. Cactii just confuse me.. :wacko:

I honestly don't aspire to ever have as much knowledge as some of the posters on these forums. Cactii just confuse me..

Ditto.

Wikipedia has some pro and cons for sure, but I still find it to be a good resource and like how mistaken information can be corrected, in many ways I find it better than hard copy encyclopedias.

Benzito, you don't think I honestly care about whether or not I'm on Wiki do you? And it certainly donesn't have anything to do with sales, as the work they took it from is free online in some places still. And as for the 2002 revision which is for sale, with a change in name I won't even mention so as to not be accused of plugging the book, is not anything I've made even more than $200 dollars of since it started to be sold. In fact I have only got a small royalty check for something like $35 and the current royalties I am just requesting be granted to me in the form of one nice book on Mammillarias.

As for Wiki, I can at least say that I didn't post the info myself, and that someone else thought it worthy enough to have it posted (without having to be corrected). I share enough of myself online free of charge and have never cared about doing anything but sharing knowledge with those who find cactus confusing. Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

~Michael~

I think you should dig that you are on Wikipedia, maybe you do and just don't care. Either way its foolish for me to deny that your name is well known among Trichophiles for your expertise and identification skills. I am proud to be able to have online conversations with you.

One that note I miss Trout's presence here...

I share enough of myself online free of charge

You sure you are a conservative?

Sorry I couldn't resist. :P

I think being quoted on wiki is probably more prestigious than being quoted in a hard-bound book, to be honest Michael. You know I was just joshing ya before. :)

Because a wiki can be corrected and updated, the information on there should be the most up-to-date and correct info anyone has. So, if no-one could say it better than you Michael, then you should be proud!

:worship: