The Corroboree
Rune

hawaiian hydro buds

I love it how everything I say here gets picked to pieces...

This happened over 2 years ago and the details are fuzzy now.

The point of what I said was that the parcel was intercepted, I got a letter that gave me the option to pay to have the contents nuked for biological hazards at some exorbitant price, and I chose to not proceed with that.

I then contacted the seller and a few emails were exchanged.

When you go to the bank to fill out a chargeback, the form says something like:

"Reason for refund request:-

Non-Receipt of goods

Faulty goods

Received lesser quantity than ordered

etc etc etc..."

The bank then decides whether to process it or not.

I assume they contact the seller and confirm whether the item has been received or not. If they can prove it's been delivered then the chargeback gets thrown back in my face and I am slugged with a $15 fee.

If I pay good money to order something, and it doesn't arrive in my letterbox, I am not willing to kiss my money goodbye. I want my money back.

Moral or not, If I buy something I want what I bought or my money back.

I am not inciting other members to break the law at all. I was saying that if anybody wanted to try ordering such products then I don't really care, but my experience with this kind of thing could probably happen to them and they can probably expect problems.

All my inbound packages from overseas get opened now. That part is true. I am sure that my name is flagged in some computer system.

The bit about the letterbombs was a bit of tongue in cheek humor.

Lighten up a bit dude.

Edited by Big George

I assume they contact the seller and confirm whether the item has been received or not. If they can prove it's been delivered then the chargeback gets thrown back in my face and I am slugged with a $15 fee.

all the seller has to prove is that they ciomplied with the terms, NOT that you received the item. eg, if the terms state that their responsibility ends when they hand goods to carrier, and the parcel gets lost in transit then you do not have a valid chargeback claim.

All vendors will state that customs/quarantine are the responsibility of the buyer/importer.

If I pay good money to order something, and it doesn't arrive in my letterbox, I am not willing to kiss my money goodbye. I want my money back.

So, if you order mdma pills from overseas and they don't arrive you would expect the vendor to refund you? Same situation. You are ordering something in contravention of australian law, so any seizure is your responsibility.

Moral or not, If I buy something I want what I bought or my money back.

Life must be very simple for you.

if this is how you think things work then you should not order from overseas. I can only hope that one day someone is going to tech you a lesson you won't forget. You obviously won't learn by just being told about it. As I said, if you piss off the wrong vendor, you could end up with a criminal conviction and hundreds of dollars in legal costs.

I am not inciting other members to break the law at all.

actually, you were. You were suggesting that it is OK to break quarantine laws because if quarantine seizes the item you can always get your money back by committing fraud. You were also suggesting to rip off overseas vendors.

All my inbound packages from overseas get opened now. That part is true. I am sure that my name is flagged in some computer system.

Quarantine does not flag [at least not the way you describe it]. They sometimes seal addresses via automatic return, but that usually only lasts for a few months. Also it requires an intentional deception and/or major quarantine risk to trigger that. Your item was merely picked up in the usual scan. It happens to all of us. Over the last few years AQIS has increased their detection rate from about 5% to well over 50%.

Lighten up a bit dude.

sure, if you smarten up a bit, dude. This is an information website and spreading false, misleading and deceptive information is not the way to go. And no, I don't remember picking apart any other posts of yours, but if I did or if someone else did, then maybe improve the quality of your posts.

Yep, yellow tape for sure, better than red! :wink:. I had a parcel of kava opened a fair while back now, same sort of letter, kava cost less than treatment so I gave it up. And since then most international parcels I receive now have the yellow tape too, though I'm unsure what they were looking for when they not only opened the pack of three beaten brass dan moi's, but then removed the wire at the end attaching then together, (3 small, flat bits of brass), and bent the shit out of them :rolleyes: . I'm all for introducing new music to people, but I'm pretty sure I could've played them better/gentler :lol: . I'd love to try and get then replaced but doubt I'd get much joy from AQIS.

As for the 'buds', stick with what you can get here man. We're lucking to have some onshore stores

sorry bout the hijack :blush:

Torst, i read 100x more than i write on this site. You have earned my respect and i am the first to admit when i am wrong.

I just wanted to tell my story, as a "been there done that" warning to the original poster.

I don't even think our little sub-thread is worth persuing further so i'm happy to walk away and call it a forfeit.

But the tape is yellow dammit!!! :uzi:

I don't even think our little sub-thread is worth persuing further so i'm happy to walk away and call it a forfeit.

You know, considering it is one of those rip off herbal bud companies with at least 500% profit, I don't have a problem walking away from this either :wink:

But the tape is yellow dammit!!! :uzi:

Not trying to start an argument, but here are the tape colours:

Yellow - "passed quarantine" or "opened by australia post for inspection by quarantine" [the latter is the one you would have had]

Blue - "Open immediately - quarantine documents enclosed"

Green - "Opened by australia post for inspection by customs"

please note that even though quarantine and customs inspections are done in the same entry facility, they are done under different legislation and different departments. Aqis is part of the department of primary industries [or whatever it is called these days] and is empowered under the quarantine act. Customs has it's own department and is empowered under the customs act and several other acts.

The reason why the difference is important is because a seizure under the custom act would imply a breach of drug laws in this case, while a quarantine seizure is merely due to pests and weed risk. ie, you can get 10 quarantine taped letters in a row and not be too worried about it, but the second customs letter may be delivered with/by a bunch of agents ready to search your house.

When you said yellow tape I knew straight away that this was a quarantine matter rather than a customs matter.

is the quarantine irradiation fee the same regardless of quantity?

For private imports yes, but for commercial imports it is on a volume basis.

Thanks man. That clears it up for me.

I'd love to work in the parcel department, you'd see some pretty cool things... :)

does reselling or trading count as a commercial enterprise,

or is the private/commercial thing based on business titles, abn and the like?

I think you are obliged to label it as commercial as long as there is some sellign or trading going on. In reality however, their main indicator is whether the addressee is a company, business, or private name. The other indicator is quantity and value though. Small amounts and low value will rarely raise any interest.

I've thought about ordering some of these from OS. It looks like most of the herbs used in these "hydro buds" are available locally so I'd rather order/grow locally and avoid the hassle.