The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
onz

galerina stains ????

Was wondering if galerinas stain and if so what colour they so be stained - by bruising. And this species grows all around australia, yeah?

Hi, there is another Interesting topic in which we discussed about bruising as well as the galerinas too.

Check it out: http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/ubb/ult...c;f=12;t=000614

Some Galerinas tend to develop some blackish/darkbrown Patches. I found an Image on the Net on which you can see this change in clour pretty good. You can see this change at the base of the stems as well as on the hats.These black patches CAN occur but can also be absent. It is likely that Galerinas loose their ring which makes them harder to recognize. Be sure to make sporeprints.

http://www.nemf.org/files/lincoff/beginner..._autumnalis.jpg

[ 13. July 2005, 15:25: Message edited by: Evil Genius ]

Galerina grow everywhere that ive been to where mushrooms grow - tasmania, victoria, NSW and adelaide.

Ive never noticed staining - i though the flesh sort of goes a dark greyish black colour if i remember but that was more just the colouring of the inside of the stem.

hang on - mayeb i can post a pic?

oops the last two aint galerina - they are cubies...

More red crosses...

Thanks BM, you've put one up for me before but I just have never seen any in S.A.. I've seen no close look-a likes at all, especially ones with a ring.