The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

blue meanies? in SA

It took me about 4 years of endless searching to find magic mushrooms. I hunted many a time, but was always going on worded descriptions of the mushroom obtained from every concievable source. The pages in the mushroom books at librarys were always missing the picture... I eventually found some other hunters, when thick into another unsuccessful journey and they were kind enough to show me what they had collected, and donated a few for comparison id (cheers guys)

Anyway to get to the point, I believe the mushrooms i have been using, for the last 5 or so years (religiously every season) are psilocybe sauber..... i call them goldtops, as this was what I was told by the people whom showed them to me. In SA everyone talks of goldtops and blue meanies as two different shrooms... does anyone have any pics of blue meanies?, are they the same as gold tops??

Hi. I beleive you mean Psilocybe subaeruginosa is what is called goldtops. Bluemeanies (Copelandia cyanescens) are reported to be in SA. I dont think a picture of blue meanies in SA exists. most people doubt they even grow here coz we got the wrong climate. I think they are around tho but we are a lot less likely to run into them then the other states.

Heres a pic of what i think are Copelandia cyanescens from victoria there isnt any bluing tho 0306.jpg

[ 24. May 2005, 17:04: Message edited by: Trich-Aura ]

they look like pan solidipes to me...

inactive

did they blue?

was the stem kinda easy to split into shreds?

smell kinda mealy intead of the psilo metallic freshness

What makes you think they are solidipes, i thought they grow from horse manure? I was thinking maybe papilionaceus if not cyanescens. They cant be campanulatus coz they have darker stems i think. I havent smelt them I just found them on a victorian government website.

Def dont look like cyanescens to me

o/wise could be anything.

just saying solidipes cos they do and im most familiar with them round here

in realty i know shit about pan taxonomy i just know the species i see locally

they (solidipes) def grow in cowshit too

edible but mediocre

ah ok shows what i know just seen pics. I havent seen a panaeolus species yet, have to get out in the field more.

[ 27. May 2005, 13:12: Message edited by: Trich-Aura ]