The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
peas-pipe

Mushroom Identification

Hello there,

I am trying to identify some mushrooms that I photographed a couple of years ago. At the time I didn't think to smell them or anything like that (as indicated at http://www.agarics.org/Index.jsp) a friend and I just decided to wander through a swamp and take photos of fungus.

So, since my own attempts to identify these have all failed, I thought I would post a couple of pictures and hope that some one will have more of an idea than myself.

Firstly, here is a red one that grows on wood (that of course is all the technical information I am aware of)

red.jpg

red2.jpg

Secondly, this is a puff ball :)

puffball.jpg

Lastly, here is a yellow one that grows on grass when it is wet

yellow.jpg

yellow2.jpg

That is all. Thank you very much for any help and /or comments.

Chris

those first ones may be some kind of Gymnopilus sp... maybe purpuratus. their gills start yellow but go brown when mature. great pics, nice an fresh.

could be anything tho without knowing spore color.

i dunno about puffballs but the last one i think is Bolbitius vitellinus or variicolor by the look of its slimy looking cap

mmm love those first pics whens mushrooms season gunna come back down to us southerners

[ 17. January 2005, 16:27: Message edited by: ferret ]

nice one. Very crisp and clear.

I would agree with the first one being a gym species. The other grass species i would have gone with a conocybe or inocybe species (i cant remember which one!) but Ferret is more likely to know.