The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
seer

need help with fruiting room...

G'day fellow shroomers, i was wandering if somebody new where I could get my hands on a mini greenhouse or portable closet with full plastic covering? I've seen a few of these set ups in pics around and I like what I see I just can't find the bloody things. I'm in Perth and the smallest greenhouse I could find so far is about $800. F*$# that! I've been on international web sites and found the perfect ones for sale but I'm not big on giving business to other countries, and there only about $29 US.

I've had good results on BRF cakes and casings and after consulting with the shrooms, they have suggested they would like an indoor greenhouse with a humidifier attached and some air pollution control and of course, the whole O2 issue, gimme gimme bloody gimme, so of course they also want lots of fresh air.

Any suggestions? I think I can get my hands on a humidifier and have seen pics on how that can be set up and callibrated for the room etc. But I'm not sure on the whole air exchange thing. I would rather not fan daily so I only open the room when I help them move into their next phase of life. Would I use like a fan in a box with some filter cloth over the opening that blows directly into the greenhouse, I'm struggling on this one. Would holes in the greenhouse with a filter stuck straight over it work, so its like a passive breather hole for the whole thing? I need your wisdom guys. Please.

Kind Regards.

Greeetings seer

A friend just yesterday showed me the mini indoor green house he picked up from Crazy Clarks - can't remember how much he paid but I think in the $20-$30 range. Sit in on a plastic sheet and tape up the bottom and you've got an enclosed environment. Use a fish tank air pump in a filtered box to get some O2 in there and you're off. I don't know about humidity control - you could try an US humidifier but I don't know how good cheap ones are, or you could go for a couple of trays of wet perlite in the botttom.

i got a mini greenhouse (2m tall, 1m wide, 1m deep) for my plants earlier this year. I got it from kmart in chatswood (NSW), I think it was about $70. Its great...got shelves and is big enough so you can get inside to check things out. I had considered getting another for growing my favourite fungi. so yeah, if your interested, check out the gardening sections of your local kmarts, bigWs or anywhere else that is likely to carry such items.

best of luck!

This thread

might have a few more ideas and there's a photo of Rev's 30 dollar mini greenhouse too.

[ 23. July 2004, 18:43: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Guest electro

there are 60cm high by 1m wide ones at all go-lo stores for $25 ...

Ledgends. Thankyou. I already checked out my nearest bunnings with no go and nurseries and garden shops etc. I will try the other ideas. Cheers. Thanks for the link to the other thread. The forget tek is my kind of style, its the aussie way and reminded me of my attitude to my studies. Forget and neglect with a last minute ditch and a smoke to forget the rest.

Just to share a story, my gnome buddies tried their first 2g dry trip of pes haw. last night down in dwellingup forest with his brothers and told me it was a very positive exp. The take off was heavy but levelled out for hours on an enjoyable journey so he said. Fruits of labour my saviour my friends my herb and my fire. What a ride.

Kind regards.

Print out a pic and take it to bunnings

they may be able to get it in

Damn i dont hav ethe box or id give you the details of who manufactures them

i bet theyll be back they sold like hotcakes

i do remmebre tho that summit make a more sturdy galvanised unit for about $70

i bought the shadehouse unit (only the cover is different

made in WA i believe

[ 26. July 2004, 06:21: Message edited by: reville ]