The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Pretty Fly

Finally a couple of beautiful red & white caps have popped up around here.

Subs are gonna be late this season.

All we need is a decent downpour and I may be forced to mount an expedition into the front yard for that illusive soma fungushead.

truely we were promised rain for almost the entire week and all we got was an hour or so of light drizzle.

may 17th at about 5:30 in the afternoon.

...sorry, i couldn't help myself...

but seriously, it all depends on the weather! if you get a few solid days of rain, could be within a week or so from that point.

[ 16. April 2004, 20:58: Message edited by: visualfx ]

last week on saturday went to second valley (SA)with my dad and we found a few, what we thought, were Lactarius deliciosus (they are pretty yum when fried). They were big suckers too, only later when we fried them up and they tasted bitter as shit we realised it was a misidentification, didn't eat enough to get sick or anything tho.

there were a few other yellow mushies but not that much. It's rained a bit recently and hopefully will a bit more tonight. I will most likely go for another hunt on sunday, will let u guys know if i find anything.

So how much rain is needed exactly? like a few days of solid rain or what? damnit I wanna find some soon!

too bad South Australia is the nations driest state. ..it is right? that's what i heard.

Oops, spoke to soon.

Seems that there is a little of everything out at the moment.

Gyms, Subs, Flys & probably some pans.

There are also plenty of different puffballs about & also some Schizophyllum commune, if only someone had some more info regarding these last two.

My advice is to not get your hopes up about hunting for another few weeks yet (or until 3+ days of decent rain), definately don't go off the path looking or you may end up squashing the tiny pinnheads.

People who are near fertile pastures I suggest look for liberty caps or pans instead of subs.

Here's some terrible pics of the first shrooms out:

1st Psilocybe subaeruginosa (few days old & drying)

1st%20sub.jpg

Small sub

small%20sub.jpg

Comparing a few subs to 5 cent coin

5c%20subs.jpg

Comparing a 225g Gymnopilus to a 5 cent coin (another instance where size does not matter)

225g%20gym.jpg

1st Amanita muscaria

1st%20fly.jpg

Puffballs

puffs.jpg

(the tiny spot in the middle is the subs)Family photo

[ 17. April 2004, 15:28: Message edited by: Adrian ]