The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Noveltea

Pics from melbourne find

Hey ppl,

Can someone tell me how i can post individual images that are stored in my FRee yahoo album, for viewing in this forum?

just a test...

My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

oops, test didnt work!

heres a link to the album anyway...

http://photos.yahoo.com/tanjent_vu

All the finds are from around eastern subs of melbourne. Its really interesting to see so many variants of psilocybe subaeruginosa! The last of the pics were taken just after rain at the end of last week.

ps.any suggestions for a free pic hosting site apart from yahoo would be appreciated:)my current free membership doesnt allow for strangers to be able to view full size images.

last week was boomin for the eastern suburbs! well in my case it was. Got about 300 good Subs from one location.

yep, booooooooooooming, bring on more rain and they will be droping from the sky

[ 29. May 2003, 17:54: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

I find subs everywhere - show us some semilanceata - liberty caps and ill be spanking!

Not that Subs are bad ofcourse :)

quote:

I find subs everywhere - show us some semilanceata - liberty caps and ill be spanking!

Been wondering this myself for a while now. Nobody seems to know much about these guys.

Has anyone found these in melb yet?

reported in melbourne, but doubtful.

they require pretty cold temps - and ive seen specimens picked from the Victorian alpine region.

i could swear i saw an unknown android pick liberty caps around Red Hill [vic]..only in one isolated area, and very few in comparison

[ 24. June 2003, 02:10: Message edited by: coin ]

Chances are that if you found in Australia, then in is Subaeruginosa - however the differences between Subaeruginosa and ps.Cyanescens are miniscule, and a friend of mine is working on a revision of the delineation of psilocybe species. It may soon demonstrate that subaeruginosa is a representation of Cyanescens due to spore compatibility.

noveltea- just for your info; (i'm not criticising- i don't care, but i know some do), the test (or link?) you posted carries a yahoo.com cookie w/it.

liberty caps- it is quite doubtfull, not only do they need cold weather, but they also seem to only flourish on very short cropped grass- golf courses & sheep grazing meadows seem to be their favoured locations. alpine areas would be the go in NSW, Vic.

[ 26. June 2003, 09:05: Message edited by: nabraxas ]