The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

Copelandia Cyanescens cultivation

Despite what you might have read, this mushrooms is relatively easy to cultivate providing you can replicate the right fruiting conditions.

The mushroom quickly colonises all substrates - millet, rye, brf and manure so contamination wasnt an issue.

The easiest method ive used was the innoculation of a rye and manure substrate - i did this pf style with about 15% rye 45% manure and the rest vermiculite. I then created sterile myc syringes from my cultures. These cultures were two native copelandia cyans from Byron Bay and the Blue Mountain areas and after germianting these wild prints ive been trying to isolate - not the fastest growing strain, but the best fruiter and that's been a slow process.

Colonisation of the above substrate in 350ml jars took about eight days maximum. I chose to include the manure because spawning manure from rye or brf spawn had been troublesome with c.c. mycelia easily falling victim to contamination.

As they require manure to fruit, ive just included this in the original spawn medium, then made trays that have been cased thinly with simple coco coir.

Fruiting required a steady 22C temp which was hard to maintain where i live, and this also caused the casing to quickly dry out - so heavy misting was required.

After pinset i have been fanning more to lower the humidity and have great results.

Nothing new, but i thought id post this anyway.

How long do spores last for?

I've had various species spores in evelopes for up to 3 years, never bothered doing anything with them. Wouuld they no longer be viable?

good question - one way to find out