The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
eeroborroc

Police Radar Detection

yeah sorry 2b but i'm with danemacca on the P plate thing.

On your P plates you'd be 18yo+, people are intelligent enough to make decisions at this age and realise what is dangerous and what isn't. I'd agree to an extent that you become wiser with age, but I think if a P plater can't grasp simple concepts like safety they should be strapped to the extreme with bubble wrap and floated out to sea for all our safety hehehe.

I think it's more of a matter that alot of young P platers don't understand the power that a car has, and i'm not even talking engine size, a shitty little car still has a heap of weight in it, i think alot of people don't think about this or think they have the concept sorted in their minds. I guess i'm trying to say it's more of a misconception that they have complete control over a vehicle, yet it's probably not the case for the majority. Anyhoo just speculation on my part.

Cars scare the shit out of me basically. I should have my P's by the end of this year (few years late), and i'm still not too keen on the idea from the amount of idiots out there, but I can say I grasp what you are saying ;)

I'd forgotten that LRP is now the norm. About time too.

The majority of P Plate drivers are intelligent and well behaved on the roads (AND imho much better at indicating around round-abouts....
I take your point about grouping all P platers together , my mistake. But it is a sad but true fact that this group generally over estimates their driving ability. The amount of young people with less than two years driving experience roaring around in commodores thinking they are Mark Skaife is scary. You just can't be an expert with such a limited amount of experience , the reason you wear P plates is to let the rest of us know you are inexperienced. But this wasn't meant to be a P plate bashing session , i was just trying to drive home the point about speeding in towns.
I think it's more of a matter that alot of young P platers don't understand the power that a car has

Agreed , power is a huge issue and the more power a car has the greater the need for proper maintinance is eg: tyres , brakes , suspension. Plus an ability to control a powerfull car in adverse conditions. There was an accident near here earlier this year where a L plate driver , driving a current model clubsport commodore with her car full of family members lost control on a flat , straight wet road and went head on into a truck , killing all five onboard. Experience was the issue here and power was the lesson.

their are many catagories of 'bad drivers'. the p plater, the volvo driver, the saab driver, the tarago driver, the doof doof driver, women drivers, men drivers, ppl wearin hats, taxis, truck drivers, bus drivers, couriers, sales reps, 4wd drivers, drunk drivers and druggies to name but a few.

if you see a blonde asian woman wearin a hat smokin crack and pickin up her kids from school in a 4wd volvo wagon with p plates and a courier sticker on th side, youre about to die.

but how do u know that the guy in the car next to u doent have a volvo? it might be in th repair shop. he coulda had a sex change and cosmetic surgery to give him round eyes. his hat mightve blown off wen he tried to grab his crack pipe b4 it flew out th window....

i treat all drivers like the aforementioned asian crackhead babe until i see signs that may suggest otherwise. even then i dont get too close.

btw. ive known plenty of good p platers. one of th best of them was an asian. hell, i think i even met a good woman driver once. :D

I can only speak for myself but i have purchased these devices to help prevent myself from getting unfairly caught up in a system which is motivated by revenue rasing. I hadnt been fined in the past 3 years so i wouldnt say im a speed demon, but in victoria there is no speed tollerance what so ever, most other states have a 10% leighway, not here, if your caught 5km over the speed limit your fined, i think it may even be 3km if they dont like the look of you. I think this is totally unacceptable, i have a 25 year old car, i have modified the gear box, the rear differential to have higher gears, it has different size mag wheels on it than standard, the tyres sure as hell have a smaller wall size than originally came out in , how am i supposed to get the speedo within a 5km reading. the bloody speedo is still in mph as well.

ow am i supposed to get the speedo within a 5km reading.

Simple , buy a cheap hand held GPS and mount it on the dash. Accurate and easy to read , the real problem here is spedometers don't need to go up to 220 KPH !!!! They should just go up to 120KPH then a red zone like the rest of the gauges in cars , with a speedo going to 220KPH 3km/ph can be the width of the needle !! So if the speedo only goes to 120kph the incraments become bigger and easier to read.