The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
aussiestew

herbal smokes

not sure if this is the right area to ask, but what herbs are there i can legaly grow that can be smoked, eg catnip & passion flower.

im not so much after a high, just something to smoke that is cheeper than tobacco.

i know many places sell herbal mixes, but i have a garden, ergo i can grow some.

Check out Lobelia Inflata.

It's called "Indian Tobacco" and was used by native American tribes, I do believe.

It has a chemical in it called Lobane, which is believed to act upon the same receptors in the Brain as Nicotine.

It does seem to slightly reduce nicotine cravings, in my experience, and is definitely a nice smoke.

I have asthma, and smoking this actually helped with my breathing. It would open up my air-ways for a couple of hours after smoking it.

Only thing: After smoking about 5 or 10 grams in a week, I developed a deep pain in my chest.

I stopped smoking this stuff, but kept smoking other things, and the pain went away.

So, I don't know exactly what it was, but I am 95% sure that this plant caused ME to have some lung pains. But, I had a friend who smoked the same amount in a week and a half, and he had no problems what so ever.

Even managed to quit smoking afterwards!

10 grams...hmmm what does that equate to in ciggies? if its works out to about 50 then it will be good.

Well, a 'tailor' cigarette generally has about 0.5gm of tobacco in it. So, work it from that, I guess.

You should get at least 20-30 ciggies from that amount.

I was actually smoking it through a water pipe, so i don't know how many rollies it made.

ok, ta... but isnt growing any tobacco illegal here in aussie?

thats why i was thinking of alternate to tobacco, herbal ciggies,

im one of them ppl who smoke for something to do rather than a nicotine fix

Peppermint's not a bad smoke I sometimes add some to my rollies.

Aussiestew: it's not tobacco.

It's a Lobelia Plant, not a Nicotiana.

It's perfectly legal for you to grow. Actually, Tobacco isn't illegal as a drug, but simply because it is a taxable resource. But, let's not get into that again...

Of course there is also brug and lotus but for more detail discussion go to the ethobotanical section there is a large thread involving those 2.