The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2b

can't chat in Arabic

Well now that I'm aware of all these new keys on the computer (thanks Benz ) i thought I'd give it a go chatting in Arabic (as you do). Anyway i compiled a line of jiberish:

ﺦﻅﺫﻛﻏﺳﺷﻘﺭﻷﻺ

and tried to post it in the chat room , well it wouldn't take it ?So what's going on , may-be the people that monitor chatrooms when people post in Arabic are maddly trying to work out what i said , and as it makes no sense may-be they think it is code ? (I love a conspiricay theory :D ) or may-be the software doesn't support Arabic ? Any way quirky isn't it ? Just think of all the conversation we have been missing out on with our Arab brothers.

oh i hope they fix this. Inshallah, inshallah...

on the semi-subject of arabic, an arabic word for a vegetarian is "nabati". the problem is that saying you're a nabati to a koran-bashing muslim (yes yes, i know 2b u are hardly a vego ) can be offensive, because God (peace be upon his ass) declared certain animals "clean" to eat (halal).Same sort of crap as with Judaism. So by saying u r nabati, u are throwing the rack of lamb back into Allah's face! You infidel!

of course the irony is that as a vegetarian, i know of no better vego dishes than Arab dishes! Esp. Levant type things. Great vegetarian food. Just don't tell anyone you're a vegetarian :)

Anyway that was not relevant to anything. Sorry.

btw here is a great site for muslims who actually want to be vegetarians:

http://www.islamveg.com/

It is full of goodwill and good advice & some koranic exegesis.

Hmm a link to PETA , (Do you realy loooove animals ? We do....) , really when you read their properganda about meat , it seems really relative to Europe / Us markets but as we don't keep our beef iside during winter i can go home and tuck into a massive slab of flesh for dinner guilt free.