The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

I need help to keep some sites updated please

SAB is hosting a few sites such as Benjamin Thomas' PNG project and the Claude Rifat memorial site, both of which rely on myself doing all the work. Sadly I just don't find the time (I can barely keep the SAB site in shape) and these sites are really suffering. I have something like a dozen new articles for the PNG site which are just waiting to me html-ised, but I've had them for up to 18 months and simply don't get around to it.

So, if anyone here has some minimal html skills (no fancy design needed), I would love to make them curator of one of these sites. Given that these hosted sites receive a surprisingly huge amount of traffic it is a real waste that they are not in better shape.

I would like to start with the PNG site asap and would like either one individual who has enough time and motivation, or a team who can work together effectively. Please keep in mind that the WIKI project is starting in the next few days too, so those who will be deeply involved in that should probably not apply for these hosted sites.

A good grasp of spelling and some basic html skills are the only pre-requisites for the job. Familiarity with scientific article conventions would be a bonus, but I can always help out with that if needed.

Well ive got two years of free time, fairly good html, but for spelling id use a spell checker. after a year fulltime in an ED on dogwatch only the gov put me on disability penson for the next two years.

ill volunteer my motivation and time. i dont want to see any of these sites fall.

html is too easy. compaired to other methods it a cake man. and most software will turn anything to html. but it does help to know some because mostly it will stuff up, on line of code wrong will reveal the whole code across the page. so knowing some does help, but its not that hard at all. just takes time and time. :D

Torsten,

for the graphic design i offer you my help

just send request and associated files )

i hate to say it but if someone like monkeydance offered me help maintaining a web site i would jump. make sure you got time but hell yeah, i like your pages man! :D

I wasn't going to reply just yet because I don't want to discourage anyone else from putting their hand up, but yeah, I am very impressed with the offers already. I really like monkeydance's sites!

I am sure there will be plenty of work for everyone who is willing to help.

I have the time still to help with those sites, if you would like it please email me with details.

also I know a good graphic artist who can help.

yewah, I am just about ready for this. sorry for the delay, but the server move kinda put a dent in the planning.

I'll set things up a bit different now and will get those links out to those who offered. thanks.