The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amanito

can't pm till other replies

Hi,

I'd like to send someone a pm, but I can't send, there's a text that says that I can't send pm till the other one replies ....

yes, because once you have sent a PM it is in your outbox.

If you want to send another PM to that person simply find his name on the forums somewhere (either in a thread or in the directory) and then click to PM him from there.

btw, this is a normal feature in all forum software.

Nope, sorry, :P , it's the first forum that I visit it's like this :) .

But I wanted to do that, so I typed in the nickname and he couldn't find it ... weird.

please show me one forum/software where you can click on a pm in the sent box in order to send another pm. I know all versions of UBB, Invision Board and phpBB do not allow sending from the outbox, only from the inbox (via 'reply'). And these pieces of software cover probably more than 80% of the forum market (almost 100% of the ethnobotany forum community).

I think you might be getting confused because UBB is the only one of these that shows the 'received' and 'sent' messages on the same page. All other you actually need to specifially enter the sent folder to access the sent messages - something most people rarely do.

Originally posted by amanito:

But I wanted to do that, so I typed in the nickname and he couldn't find it ... weird.

The directory function works fine. I just tested it. You are probably doing something wrong.

Where did you search for the nic? In directory or in search?

Nics are case sensitive.

directory ... hmm, if you say it works .. I probably did smth wrong ..

email or PM me with the details you are looking for and I will show you how to do it.

If you click on the members name in any post it brings up their stats and from there click on "add to buddy list"-then just pm them from "my profile/buddy list" :)