The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grantos

EARTHPOD - ARE YOU HAPPY?

yeah i like the shirt idea, and your attitude to this situation (now that we have heard from you)! it is always easy to turn a self-generated negative into a positive if we swallow our pride for a second or two :)

Torsten:

Most ethnobot businesses undergo some sort of transformation after a year or three and i think this is your time...

I think it's something *all* small businesses go through- burning out, taking stock of the situation, making changes.

I'd encourage anyone going through such a time to talk to other small business owners to obtain support, a lot of encouragement and not a few ideas :)

adrian the NEIS is the shit. very early in the piece you should discover what it takes to be viable. the income support is handy too, when you need a reference for the panel just let me know (i'm sure you'll find no shortage in the eb community). the advisors that the course provides can be a goldmine of info too. every time someone comes at me these days with a business idea i always suggest the neis sysytem as the best place to start. the beauty of it is you already know that your idea has merit - just don't tell them you've already started a business.

Adrian, I only spoke briefly with you at EB, but the ideas you talking about were great, really, very inspirational for me. Especially the need for weed program, that's a great idea, I hope to be involved with this or similar ideas in the future (especially mass propagation of many natives, lots of acacias for sure.) I need to overcome personal problems (esp. social phobia type things), but hope i can make some sort of contribution to earthpod in the near future.

There's definately a need for such environmental issues, 10 years down the track, businesses like this will be what keeps our world going, and then maybe mass populations of people will realise how important these issues really are. Hang in there mate.

Geez, you're only 21?, I thought you were fair bit older than that, doesn't make me feel so young (and a little out of place) now lol :)

waterdragon:

adrian the NEIS is the shit.

Geez wd, for a minute there I thought you said is *was* shit

I did the NEIS scheme about ten years ago for my first business. Ultimately it died, but that was OK cos the course also taught me how to bow out gracefully and with almost nil impact on myself, my clients and my creditors. The skills I got during the course definitely helped me with setting up the TC lab and I am forever grateful for them.

Two problems I had- a lot of the course info wasn't relevant and I had to learn to take it on board anyhow ( cos much of it has since become relevant ). And the income support was spasmodic- paid in full, but irregularly, which introduced me to the notion of the cash-flow crisis :rolleyes: I've heard the latter problem is sorted these days and I certainly bloody hope so.

Good luck with it cob, one way or another it will work for you I'm sure :)

Hmmmm :confused:

[ 26. May 2004, 18:41: Message edited by: mescalito ]

DL thanx for the words of wisdom, I got my NEIS application approved :D

So...EARTHPOD SUX, but not for long

Okay, with the 21st party thing over and done with, and being approved for NEIS, I'm feeling much more in controll and my confidence/ self esteem level is on the rise.

I've acted on the advice and

put up a notice on the site homepage , products page, andordering page stating that there will be a temporary closure.

Mojo; the pig blew up, so we only have a few t-shirts, thanks to the artistic talents of Ronny & Kaz (who can make t-shirts standing on her head