The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
caludia

my market stalls - Sydney

just a quick note to advertise my Saturday and Sunday market stalls, where i sell a vareity of ethno and bushtucker plants.

the saturday one is in chatswood and the sunday one is in marrickville.

Directions to both are here: http://www.guruna.com/directions.htm

the chatswood one (saturday) is much quieter than the marrickville one, so if there is anything specifically you are after, that might be the one to attend.

the marrickville one on sunday is good for a morning out, with lots of colourful stores and people.

Some of the ethno plants i sell, grown by myself and friends (e.g. Herbalistics), include -

khat

peyote

ephedra major

mormon tea

atropa belladonna

mandrake (just seedlings )

cebil

aussie tobacco

brugmansia

hoodia

and more, including some seeds for sowing, too.

bushtucker incldue:

bush tomato

illawarra plum

davidsons plum

warrigal greens

midgen berry

finger lime

kangaroo grape

bunya nut

rock fig

native leek

native pigface

tassie mountain pepper

and more. Some plants are looking a trifle straggly / wintery, but hey, it's winter :)

if there is anything in particular you want to buy, i can bring it along provided you email me first (address is on the Guruna site somewhere), so that i know you're coming to pick it up.

my car can't fit much, but i do my best Hope to meet a few of you there at some stage!

[ 27. August 2005, 06:10: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]

today my marrickville store (right near Reverse Garbage in Addison Rd) is open 9am to 2pm.

hopefully a bit of sunshine will encourage some visitors today! Anyway i will be at these venues every Saturday and Sunday.

OK that's the end of my self-promotion for now

I just gladly parted with some cash at your market stall and I'm really happy with the plants I got (ethnos and natives).

I recommend anyone close by who has been thinking about calling in DO IT! There is quite a nice range of stuff to pick from and the prices are quite good.

Thanks again. :D

Just a quick note to say I'm reducing my stalls to 1 per week - Marrickville. The Chatswood markets are just way too dead :rolleyes:

So i am at Marrickville (same address) each sunday, 9am to 2pm.

Awwww me and smogs were gonna come to the chatswood one tomorrow!

That's fine though! It means you're free on Saturdays now right? So we can organise a nice little meet right? :D Even planthelper might be able to come :D

Why don't you try the Penrith markets?

That's nearer to me. :D

You wouldn't sell anything though. Unless you sold VB and footy Jerseys. Oh, and Winfield Blues!

a meet on a saturday would be great apoth! sorry bout the short cancellation notice too.

benz, maybe i should rent an ice cream truck, fill it with ethno plants and change the music from "greensleaves" to "wish you were here", and drive around sydney from suburb to suburb, drawing ethnobots from their houses ("mum! the psychoactive plant truck is here! can we can we can we??!")