The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
coin

Liquid Architecture Festival of Sound-Thomas Brinkmann

Liquid Architecture Festival of Sound

Melb/Bris/Sydney

Thomas Brinkmann, DJ Olive

www.liquidarchitecture.org.au

So many other live acts.. Melbourne venue Public Office, Thomas Brinkmann live - should be a good night! But the festival spans over several days with experimental, ambient, avant garde and multimedia performances, and master classes, etc

Please check the website, there's too much going on for me to mention..

[ 27. June 2005, 14:36: Message edited by: coin ]

Yeah, will be cool...Delivery and Symbiosis on Radio station RRR, www.rrr.org.au , have updates/news etc.

ABC FM doing a live broadcast on 1st July :cool:

That's really funny! I was going to post about this in Sydney!! Next friday at World Bar Kings x, at Boobytrap which is probably the best club night in sydney at the moment. For people who can't do psytrance that is...

That's really funny! I was going to post about this in Sydney!! Next friday at World Bar Kings x, at Boobytrap which is probably the best club night in sydney at the moment. For people who can't do psytrance that is...

Brinkmann! That slipped under my radar somehow, thanks for the heads up!

Should be a good night!! see you front left corner..Ha

brinkmann played a 'klick' set and a live set.

the klick stuff, a mix set of some really interesting sounds from etching notches into the inner lockgroove from lots of old vinyls. he then cuts these out and has a whole catalogue of these extracted square records.

the live set was a little inconsistent to start with, some of the transitions were a bit rough or weak, but he did get into a good groove..i had a good dance

his wife's live set was interesting, some quirky melodies and jerky chords, but i heard some mixed feelings about it

the early experimental stuff was kinda very noisy & random. robin fox's strange blips and noises with oscilloscope art were interesting

there was a bit of buzz and anticipation around pat stormont's live set which was pretty good...melbourne folks will have another chance to catch him at the next deep chord, august 20 at Deep 11