The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

adelaide gathering /saturday 5th feb

sorry 4 the short notice,i seem to have picked up a bug of some kind and have not really been with it for about a month now.

anyhow usual place and time.

the following meeting will be sat 5th feb at the waite arboretum.

t s t .

edit,changed date to feb gathering.

t s t .

[ 11. January 2005, 08:14: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

many people who move to or visit the northern rivers end up with a condition similar to chronic fatigue syndrome or ross river virus, although most don't test positive for Ross River fever. It takes from 6 weeks to 6 months to clear and rarely seems to recur.

If you think your visit up here had anything to do with it you should get yourself tested for Ross River virus.

I hope you feel better soon!

seemed quite obvious that this meeting is on the 8th of jan, and the NEXT meeting (ie the one after THIS one) is on the 5th of feb.

but I could be wrong....

Heya. I had a great time at the meet -partly due to getting a free beer :D . Anyway just curious who is who, so i can attatch a real name to the online ones.

BTW I'm Tom - the guy with the stupid as hair. I had an orange shirt and I live in the southern suburbs :P

dam i missed this meet cos i only saw this thread at 3pm saturday afternoon... anyway not too long til the next one-.

i got a call from dave yesterday,he missed his first meeting since we met him.he's been in hospital after something like a minor heart attack.had an angioplasty[sp?].a bit weak at the moment but he expects to be at the next gathering!

he's also offline til his puters repaired in a week or so.

take it easy mate!

t s t .

Torsten:

many people who move to or visit the northern rivers end up with a condition similar to chronic fatigue syndrome or ross river virus, although most don't test positive for Ross River fever. It takes from 6 weeks to 6 months to clear and rarely seems to recur.

If you think your visit up here had anything to do with it you should get yourself tested for Ross River virus.

I hope you feel better soon!

thanks T,i seem to have thrown it off fairly well.

is there any value in the test now?

i used a range of 'suplements' including neem,kelp and honey/vinegar.

the last aches in my legs seemed to disappear when i ate to fullness and after a few days of that are gone!

t s t .

quote:

i got a call from dave yesterday,he missed his first meeting since we met him.he's been in hospital after something like a minor heart attack.had an angioplasty[sp?].a bit weak at the moment but he expects to be at the next gathering!

geez sounds nasty, hope your feeling better dave. See you all at the next one, I may be feeling a little fried after the BDO though :cool:

tantra - not much point doing the test. At best it can only tell you if you have antibodies, but it can't tell you how long ago you developed them or even if you got rid of the bug. And in many cases it is neither ross river nor glandular fever, or at least the test doesn't show positives (it's not 100% reliable anyway). It doesn't seem to be common anywhere else and it doesn't appear to be lifethreatening.

Just talked to someone about this yesterday. he moved here 30 years ago and had it for 18 months. He always got sick for about 10 days and then it would go away for a few days and then come back etc. The breaks between episodes roughly doubled each time. In the end the break became so long that it either totally disappeared or blended in with something else like a flu. Most of the local docs seems to know about it, but none are even vaguely interested what it might be.

If you are getting better then probably nothing to worry about. Watch out for it recurring and take it easy if it does. Severity seems to be totally dependent on the strength of the immune system at the time. Echinacea and ascorbate in high doses at onset seem to pretty well keep it down for the duration, which is why I am convinced it is viral.

Yeah get well soon Dave, and Shawn hope all is well too and this sickness doesn't reoccur.

Hey guys how was it? I didn't make it as i was WAY too buggered after the big day out the night before. How was the different venue? I don't think I've ever been there.

Ah well I'll see all u guys later then.