The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Record ecstasy haul

looks like e's will be expensive this xmas....

==============================

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/11/1...reut/index.html

Record ecstasy haul in Australia

Sunday, November 14, 2004 Posted: 9:56 AM EST (1456 GMT)

*SYDNEY, Australia (Reuters) -- Australian police and customs officials have seized 820 kg (1,800 lb) of ecstasy tablets and powder stashed inside a bakery oven, in the country's biggest ever haul of the drug, police said on Sunday.*

The ecstasy, known chemically as MDMA and valued at about A$200 million ($150 million), was packed into bags and hidden in the wall and base cavities of the oven, which was air freighted from Germany to Sydney last month.

A customs X-ray revealed suspicious packages and a physical inspection found 62 bags containing about 3 million tablets and 115 kg of powder.

Police said two people have been charged in connection with the shipment.

Australian Federal Police Commissioner Mick Keelty said he believed the shipment had probably come from Poland.

"Most of the MDMA we get in Australia is in fact sourced from Europe," Keelty told the Nine Network.

"In this particular case the air freight came directly from Germany to Australia but we believe the origins are in Poland."

Keelty said 1.5 tonnes of ecstasy had been intercepted by Australian authorities this year.

Keelty said 1.5 tonnes of ecstasy had been intercepted by Australian authorities this year. --i'm sure it said 1.5 million tonnes in the Scareld Sun---that made me smile.

i believe customs are just getting the tip ov the iceberg, i'm pretty confident that xmas supplies will be virtually unaffected.

They say 860 kg of MDMA was found, that is crap .With the average dose of 120mg of MDMA per pill (that is if they are da goods )and a whole heap of binders ,fillers & waxes to hold the pills together. The law says that it all will be classed as MDMA if that is what it is sold as.Do this little test , weigh out 120mg of anything of a fine texture crystal then look at the size of the pill , that's the difference the binders and fillers make.Now if it was pure crystal then that would be a more acurate mesurement.

Pills these days are only about 300mg in total, so only about half fillers. Some of the import was powder, which would have likely been pure. So the total weight probably is about 3/4 of what they say and hence still quite substantial.

That many doses will certainly make a difference to the supply. Not for long, cos for as long as the price is high there will be someone importing more.