The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Paypal ruling

Don't hold your breath waiting for a payoff and I would not put a deposit on that rolls royce either. Those class action settlements are nothing but a fraud. The only ones who collect are the lawyers and original plaintifs. The rest get pennies or worthless discount coupons. I've been the lucky recipient of two class action suits and neither one was worth the paper it was printed on. Sorry to be gloomy gus but I've been there and done that.

Stoney

[ 29. July 2004, 08:02: Message edited by: Stonehenge ]

paypal covers its costs from its fees. but the real money is made with the interest it can accrue by using deposited money (most banks wished their customers would leave this much money in their accounts). So, if you don't like paypal, but need to use it anyway, then only use it for the transfer itself, but don't leave any balance on the account. The ethnobot traders who got screwed by paypal were well aware of this, so the fact that they got done by thousands of dollars is their own laziness. I never keep more than a few hundred in there - especially since paypal now deposits to australian bank accounts.

Sadly none of th other payments services is doing all that well. I like the concept of www.egold.com though.