Sign in to follow this  
theobromos

UN calls for more net drug enforcement

Oh dear, what a surprise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3527779.stm

For more depth, the original press releases:

http://www.incb.org/e/press/2004/index.htm

Some might be particularly interested in the concept of "controlled delivery":

“Controlled delivery” means the technique of allowing illicit or suspect consignments of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances or precursors, to pass out of, through or into the territory of one or more countries, with the knowledge and under the supervision of their authorities, with a view to identifying people involved in committing offences.

The smiley at the top is because I am having a nice day, hope you all are too.

"There are more sites on how to make drugs, how to manufacture and produce them and even how to avoid detection by the police than there are on drugs education"

what does education mean again??? :confused:

This is pretty good drug education:

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psycho...hoactives.shtml

European governments are creating a "permissive environment" for drug users, which could lead to a rise in the trade of illegal drugs across the continent.

Europe is a major producer of synthetic drugs such as ecstasy. Governments should tighten controls on "precursors" - legal chemical compounds which are used to make illegal synthetic drugs

Yeah right the europeans are the badies...

how does the Un want drugs managed?

Like in Thailand?

Or Singapore?

just shoot them, hey...

Or like the USA, as long as Bush and the republicans are there, marihuana will never be free, not even for sick people...

bloody faschists the UN...

[ 08. March 2004, 20:41: Message edited by: gomaos ]

reptyle:

"There are more sites on how to make drugs, how to manufacture and produce them and even how to avoid detection by the police than there are on drugs education"

what does education mean again??? :confused:

LMAO!!!

Good point. I think in this case they are using the definition "to teach state approved information to a person". In other words they are using 'education' as a slang term for propoganda.

Agreed Auxin. Unfortunately the majority of people have accepted the state feed education as true education, as opposed to propaganda. Changing the image and meaning of words was an idea written about in '1984' was'nt it?

quote:

Turkmenistan is not doing enough to stem the flow of heroin coming from neighbouring Afghanistan. Afghanistan is the world's top producer of the opium poppy which is used to make heroin.

This is point is very amusing cause ever since America "freed" Afghanistan the production and exportation of heroin has increased, can anyone see a correlation?

I think that should be part of the drug ed in schools, but i guess it would'nt fit in with their whole oppression-of-the-truth-replaced-with-state-accepted -lies image now would it? mmm

a little birdy told me that no matter if they are producing more in Afghanistan or not, it was reported before the war, that they had years worth stockpiled.

Now, i've heard that the problem is the traditional route through pakistan has been cut, so all this stuff(hash & opium) is stashed--some ov it forgotten--just sitting there going mouldy.

All that's required is enterprise & you could be sitting smoking opium & afghani black.