The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

tonight-sunday

Horns And Halos

Time: 8.00

Channel: 28

Duration: 90 Minutes

Follows the fight to republish a controversial biography of George W. Bush, which was withdrawn by its original publisher, despite looking assured of becoming a best-seller. In October 1999, a biography, Fortunate Son, was published. It alleged that Bush was arrested for cocaine possession in 1972. Bush's official position on his drug use was that he had not used illegal drugs in at least 25 years.

Biographical

Hey nabraxas, I saw the end of it. From what I saw it seemed to focus more on the book rather than what bush had actually done. The book was written by an ex con (I missed the start so I don't know what he was convicted for) and when he published the book the media empahsised the fact that he was an ex con rather than the book. It contained information about how bush had paid his way to the presidency. The author found it almost impossible to find a publisher and when the book was made barley any bookstores would stock it and the media gave it a really bad rap.

The author was really worried about going back to prison and not seeing his daughter and so on and in the end hr committed suicide when he came under investigation for fraud.

The books called 'fortuante son' if your interested in buying it.

Have you been watching much of the bill lately Nabraxas? I was a bit disappointed how they moved away from the drugs issue and onto evie's missing daughter.

theres a story i've seen on tv about cia cocaine smuggling which says that george[and his brother?] were nearly caught receiving a large amt coming on a plane into the us.

t s t .

jayson- actually i've missed the last few episodes ov the bill, but the last one i saw there was not a single piece ov 'criminal activity', it was all the relationships in the station. the new format is a fair idea but they need to move away from complete soap.

as to the doco, thanks for the info. it's a shame he 'suicided', but i kind ov wonder what he was thinking when he wrote the book?

TST- notice that bush's official position is he hasn't used drugs for 25 years, but before that...

hell, his father was the guy who oversaw the setting up ov the cartels, to get more coke into the US.