The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

kings cross

News is that legislation has been passed in NSW to give police the right to search premises without a licence, in order to shut down smoking cafes alegedly popping up in Kings Cross, Sydney.

The aussies may be ahead ov the poms in cricket but they need to catch up legislation wise. The cafes in Lambeth, London are Full On, the cops being ordered to leave ganja smokers alone & concentrate on crack & smack, by their chief constable. Unfortunately he was recently in a dodgy situation & I don't know if he or his policies will survive.

Originally posted by nabraxas:

News is that legislation has been passed in NSW to give police the right to search premises without a licence,

Can you pls clarify this for me? Is this the searching of unlicenced premises ( ie places that are not pubs )without a warrant? If I am right, how far would such a rule extend? Your house?

in order to shut down smoking cafes alegedly popping up in Kings Cross, Sydney.

Bit late now, they've been around for years.

What freedoms are they going to deprive us of next, in the bid to protect us all from terrorists and drug dealers, people they suspect of being terrorists and drug dealers, people who may live or work in the vicinity of terrorists and drug dealers, and people who they previously thought were terrorists and/ or drug dealers but who just turned out to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and whom if they complain about the treatment may well turn out to be terrorists and/ or drug dealers anyhow...

This is all starting to piss me off. Like I said on 9/11, hang onto yr freedoms kids this is yuanme up against the wall :/

sorry geezer, i can't clarify it more than i heard on the news, but i would imagine that yes- they would be able to enter a private residence w/out a warrent, if they suspected the premises was being used as a smoking/dealing venue.(i think they have they're eye on the US & want to be able to shut down crack houses/shooting galleries before they establish)

this 'new world order' is getting annoying.