The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Your introduction to hallucinogens

In the spirit of the "first attempt with hemp" thread how bout we swap stories of our introductions to hallucinogens? Not just for first time stories, but also evolution of use/intent if ya like. Hell- philosophy too.

Its hard for me to place my first experience in time, I musta been... 14 I think. I was at a hippie school with hippies, rastas, and the like and not long before then I started smoking pot- so drugs were very much on my mind. One day at school I managed to score some LSD from a older girl I was friends with. Like a good boy I didnt drop it right then and there- I stashed it away, did the school thing, and waited for the days end. When everything was calm in the house I went to my room and took my dose. It was strange- I liked it very much in a hedonistic way and I got visions of hundreds of rabbits and such playing on the wall but I could feel this pull just under the surface telling me that this drug was not meant for sensual indulgance and it holds much MUCH more for those willing to seek out deeper meaning. But still for the rest of the trip I endulges in the 'pleasure drug' aspect of it. After the experience I spent over a month processing what I had experienced, the more my mind went over it the less I was focused on the pleasure and I kept thinking more and more about the unspoken message that I was using it for the wrong purpose.

At some point I got some more. This time I took it and then went for a midnight hike in the forrest. This trip (and every trip I would ever have after it) was remarkably different than my first- not seeking mere pleasure my mind was opened up to different visions- visions with meaning! To philosophical insights, to FEELING and SEEING the life energy of the living forest than encompased me like a warm blanket, I was able to reach inside myself and draw out pure crystaline loving compassion.

Thus I was introduced to entheogens.

I continued with these visionquests- eventually introducing a friend to LSD and training him to use it productively so he could journey with me. We went to that beautiful emerald forest many times and learned many things- the visions in that forest are what taught me ethics, philosophy, and yes- religion. We had our minds ripped asunder so we could incinerate our defilements, our unskillfull mental states, and yes- our flat out bigotry in our sacred fire built between the loving care of the forest and the vastness of a cleansing ocean and we could restructure our minds taking in the pure elements of love, compassion, generosity, kindness, and the pure equalizing vital force of our sacred forest. At times we strayed from the path of the seeker and used LSD for pleasure- defiling our sacred forest, defiling ourselves, but we always were reminded by our visions of the true purpose LSD was intended to have for us.

Thus was my transformation.

Thus was my indoctrination.

Thus was my purification.

Now my sacred emerald forest is far away- and I in a distant land. But I take the spirit of the trees, the spirit of the rivers, the spirit of the ocean, the animals, and most of all the spirit of the things I was taught with me where ever I go. Now the road is long and I am far from home but I can take comfort knowing that I can carry such a beautiful place in my mind and my heart- for my sacred emerald forest is no longer a place on a map, but a part of my soul.

Guest electro

first with any drug .. as a toddler i used to eat my parents "money tree" and subsequently fall asleep (every time) within 20 mins next to the bush.

At age 8 ish i got my first magnafying glass, which i used religously to burn leaf, bark and flower material from the backyard wattle ... id spend hours burning and breathing the smoke. it was "the best burning material i could find at the time" :)

I distinctly remmber believing that the ground infront of me was struck by lightning, and that i had become invisable (as i had died in the lightning strike). No one would believe me, and it was only when i discovered that that wattle contained dmt that i put it together :)