The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Evil Genius

Trichocereus Camarguensis?

Hi Everyone,

i´m just wondering if this cactus could be a Trichocereus Camarguensis? Compared with the Pic on Trouts Trichocereus Information Page, it looks a little bit similar to me.

The Plant has recently showed some Black Rot on the Tip which i had to cut off. Otherwise its doing fine. Maybe someone has personal experience with the plant.

Best Regards

th_70c_HPIM1848aaa.jpg

th_5e5_HPIM1847a.JPG

Well it does have 14 ribs but you'll have to count and measure the spines yourself.

How anyone can workout that their cactus might be this one is totally beyond me! :D

http://trout.yage.net/sc/T_camarguensis/T_...ensis_index.htm

--------------------------------------------------

Trichocereus camarguensis

- B76 /Agurell 69.2

Body: Columnar, light green to 20” (50cm.) high. Branches curving, ascending. Apparently closely resembles T. strigosus.

Ribs: 14, very low.

Areoles/Spines: 12-13 radial spines to 1.2” (3cm.); 2-3 central spines to 2” (5cm.); spines needle-like, yellow or ash colored.

Flowers/Fruit: Flowers white, to 8” (20cm.) large. Fruit spherical or ovoid, .75” (2cm.) diameter.

Distribution: Cinti (near Camargo), Bolivia.

Thanks for the Infos. I have Problems telling Tr. Spachianus apart from other ones. I never personally had one so maybe i´ll see if i can get one in the future for more personal studies.