The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Mecrhino

Bluey/Green Cactus

Would it be right to say that any bluey/green cactus

is psychoactive? Or is the blue/green colour an indication of anything else such as the plant's health or variety? I've seen some very bluish cactus at local nursery. Thanks.

could u take some pics to post here for identification??? i dont believe that a cacti being blue/green is indicative of being psychoactive,more relevent would be its species/cultivar,but im sure those in the know will expand on this??

I've read stuff from other people on this forum, that suggested that the blue-ish color of these Trichocereus cacti is actually developed in response to intense sunlight.

I heard someone once refer to it as 'sunscreen'. As-in, the blue coloration seems to help block out some UV light.

It is an indicator of healthy growth, and growing conditions. Don't know if it guarantees active chemicals though. That said, most people will argue that a cactus grown in full sun, and harsher conditions will yield more active ingredients.

So, if this indicates high levels of sun, and high levels of sun can be connected with improved psychoactivity, then it may well indicate that the cactus is active.

But, I don't know. Just telling you what I've heard about the place. :)

quote:

Would it be right to say that any bluey/green cactus

is psychoactive?

Sorry to say I think not.

Some cacti you might want are a bit "bluey/green", but there are many that fit that description that are not what you might be looking for.

The cactus might still be good, but you need to look for more than just that.

[ 02. July 2005, 08:26: Message edited by: Archaea ]

i'm with archaea on this one

my pachanoi's can have absolutely no bluish tinge at all, dont mean shit and with lots a water a good fert or two maybe even a new pot they'll be singin 'i'm bluuue, if i was green i would diie, if i was green i would diiiie' all night long

Great response. Thank all.

I was curious about the bluing I see on some cactus, makes them look more attractive I think. Thought it might be similiar to the mushrooms' blue bruising. I read somewhere that the akaloids in the cactus are most likely a pest/insect repellant and the plant evolved this way.

really blue cacti could be myrtillocactus or pilocereus

cool but not active to my knowledge