The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
jasemateau

trich penis growth rates??

well E as soon as I can get my hands on some T.b var. monstrose i'll give the plug in hole method a try on my young bridgesii I've got here and photo doc it and post back with results... hmm just gotta post my order in to SAB for now, hope i get paid this week..

cheers,

BL

yeah it should work technically though i think it will be hard to line the cambium under the areoles up with the scion, ive never cut one up to see but how mature is the cambium under the areoles???? it would look mighty cool :D

there seems no end to grafting, i like the frankenstiener approtch.

might give it a belt to :D :D :D

sweet a bit of a grafting party getting started here...wonder if this is the best time of year to be putting these ideas to action...oh well guess it can be done indoors under lights if it gets too cold :-)

any one got any say on weather conditions affecting grafts, i suspect a dry spell would be the oportune time if outdours? in which case i think it'll be a inside job, freakin sydney pissy weather!

yeah teo I was having a bit of a brief talk to smogs earlier tonight about that, it might prove somewhat tricky to line up the the areoles up with the scion, might have to do some cross cut disection on one or two cacti beforehand to get an idea of how they should line up, or atleast to guage the positioning of cambium...

cheers from the pit,

BL

[ 31. March 2005, 21:58: Message edited by: Barking Lotus ]

i've tried 2 horizontal grafts with loph seedlings on to pereskiopsis but the lineing up the areoles was just to tricky.

they did'nt take :(

i had even anchored the pereskiopsis tip to the soil so it was leaning over

speaking of loph seedlings, I have just had my first seed sprout :-) I'm starting to get the hang of the cacti seed propagation dealio! hopefully the others pop soon also, would like a few to try grafting with, should trck down some pereskiopsis sometime....maybe will try grafting onto trich first as i imagine grafting onto the vascular rings of trichs would be somewhat easier as they are near impossible to miss.

hmm this site is brief but has good piccys regarding seedling grafting...nothin on pereskiopsis though....

http://www.cacti.co.il/grafting.htm

hmm so many plans...so much time to fulfil them now that works fucked me off...guess that means limited cash to fund my plans tho...eh head up ay :-)

cheers from the pit,

BL

fingers crossed for this experiment

fingerscrossed.jpg

nice graft :)

just out of interest, if you root a graft does the potency ever return to normal levels, someone said earlier that the 1 year ref. was just an erowid myth, but what about the 4-5 years i have read elsewhere, any truth to this?