The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

It could happen to you

ok i will try that, i dont fert much cos i use slow release ferts, will probably fert again in april/may. will let u know the results.

ok its not 2 weeks but close enough. the peruvianus in full sun grew 1.5cm, the peruvianus in the 6hours light grew to 2cm. it also developed a deeper green colour which was expected as it needed more chlorophyl because it had less direct light. it also has started to send out light green etioliation growth. in my opinion the one in full sun has produced more healthy growth and for me is the best place to grow. if you are looking for a deep green cactus then less light will give it to you, just water less or it will etioliate. so with this info i will assume that a cacti grown in part shade will grow greener but also slower if watered soas not to etioliate. growing under 30% shade cloth for 10 hours aday would be different again.

the omar strain pach has grown 2cm in 2 weeks. a week ago a cereus of mine fell over in some wind and snapped, the new growth from 4 1/2 months was 70cm.

i will leave the peruvianus in the shade and update again in a few weeks.

ok its been about a month the cacti grown in the shade hasnt etioliated like i tought just greened up, its grown to 18cm which is 4cm growth in one month. the one in the sun has grown 3.5cm.

http://eba.cyclonix.net/albums/userpics/10...03/Imag0065.jpg

the one in the front on the left was the one left in shade and the one on the right at the front was left in full sun. also look at the width difference between the ones at the back and the ones at the front, the ones at the back were only repotted a week ago and have increase 1-2cm in width. the pic isnt really great at showing this as they are fowards and back.

teonanacatl:

http://eba.cyclonix.net/albums/userpics/10...03/Imag0065.jpg

the one in the front on the left was the one left in shade and the one on the right at the front was left in full sun. also look at the width difference between the ones at the back and the ones at the front, the ones at the back were only repotted a week ago and have increase 1-2cm in width. the pic isnt really great at showing this as they are fowards and back.

Fuck I love cacti. I don't know what it is about them, so beautiful.

most of it is due to the symetry and repeating patterns.... but i like how they just sorta seem to be sitting there chillin' doin what they do

whereas for other plants it looks like they are busy growing or blowing in wind... stuff like that

Apothecary - i've said that to my self many times when looking at my cacti, maybe due to my maleness there is a subconscious attraction/appreciation? heh heh

Maybe for you! But as it stands, I only have two columnar cacti, and the ones that are round or not phallus shaped at all still inspire the same awe in me as the ones that are.

That is the one of the conclusion developed for the appreciation/fascination for cacti which i have only developed since growing them. Unfortunately both my cacti are San Pedro's so are only vertical and can be easily connected to phallusness. Also i have yet to grow and form a connection with any other type of cactus.

most cacti have the whole phallic symbol going on... they are covered in pricks

mmm bad joke