The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

theoretical test for maoi in bridgesii?

1/3 dose plant material is required with a maoi.

if the effect of bridgesii is due to a maoi in the plant then 1/3 dose + maoi should not be a full active dose?

this sound right?

t s t .

Guest electro

rather than that, which could be dangerous (as bridgesii is full of tyramine too) ...

where legal, maybe try eating 1/3 dose bridgesii to get a feel for exactly what to expect for 1/3 dose if this particular plant harvested in these conditons.

wait 2 days (for replenishment of neurotransmittors) repeat the experiment but this time 1/2 hour later follow the bridgesii dose with a full dose of oral dmt ...

if the dmt works then you know the bridgesii had an maoi effect (you can compare this subjectively t6o the experiment 2 days prior to be sure of effect vs no effect)

(wasting dmt is much better than dying from seratonin syndrome caused by maoi + tyramine - though some might argue that tripping is worth the inherant risk ..hrm )

I think with any proposed experiment it would be good to get a picture of the theoretical cactus

all 'bridgesii' arent the same ive seen

The tyramine issue may or may not be worthy of consideration.

I suppose it depends on the dose and specific type of MAOi class drug

Not all MAOi are equal either

In fact it may be due to a potentiator with a mode other than MAOi

Perhaps an expt could be proposed where many identical clones is grown out under the same conditions

A sample is them taken and analysis done to ascertain the variability in content bewteen clones and also the efficiency of extraction

Then bioassay could be done with Purified mescaline, bridgesii total extract and Bridgesii TA plus mAOi, and Purified Mesc plus MAOi.

Anyone see obvious flaws in that? apart from taking a bit of skill, a lot of time and material and needing to be done offshore?

[ 02. September 2004, 16:49: Message edited by: reville ]

Smoking rue or caapi extract seems to give a much shorter inhibition time, and so maybe, there is less risk experimenting this way?

Atleast the typical noticable effects last for about 1/2 hour but im not sure if the inhibitory mechanisms are still operating silently in the background.

So, theoretically, how much tyramine is needed to bring on a hypertensive crisis?

my understanding from net readings is that i/3 the usual dose of san pedro has been taken safely a reasonable number of times with no adverse effects reported ,so i assume at that amt the tyramine is not an issue.and as the bridgesii dose is 1/3 less again it should be safe.

t s t .