The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
liquid wolf

back from india with great EB news

I just got into melbourne after 6 weeks in india. There amongst other amazing things I had a chance to meet a guy that is compiling a book on the shamanistic plants and healing plants that are found in the indian state of tamil nadu. There are litterally thousands of cacti growing on the side of the road. I am pretty sure they were either peruvians or san pedro, as soon as i scan the photos i will stick em on this topic.

We are SO lucky here in the west in every way!

That sounds really cool!

You are getting a copy of this book I take it?

yeah as soon as the book is finished i've got a copy promised to me. should be in the next 18 months i'm guessing. There are some weird little psycho active plants around that part of india, i'm pretty sure some as yet undiscovered by the west.

sounds awesome, im planning a trip 2 india and nepal in october, do you have a name contact details by any chance? or any interesting links?

Well some great places to stay in Tamil Nadu are :

Raman ashram (150 Rs per night) or nanugaru Ashram (????) They are in a town called tiruvanamalai, there are so many Enlightened/self realised people walking around that town that it's not funny. Everyone there is really cool from the locals to the westerners that visit. It is one of afew spiritual centers of the world that emitt such a full on energy that is too powerful a force to ignore. I was there for the spiritual thing, if it's your bag then i'd make it my first stop and spend as much time there as you can afford befor moving on. Hope you have a good trip, have you been befor?