Some un-I.D'd Cacti (pics)

Coryphantha sp.

corypBbud.jpg

corypBflo.jpg

anyone got a clue to I.D. this one?

new.jpg

newtop.jpg

thanks

The Coryphantha is a C. radians, a common cactus in the trade. It is described as having lemon-yellow flowers that can get to 7cm in diameter. The Trichocereus is a T. bridgesii form, but different than the standard one in that yours has a prominent central spine rather than three (sometimes four) spines that radiate outwards at an angle. It looks a lot like K. Trout's "Species C". It is also very similar to the "bridgesiod" SS02 from Sacred Succulents.

~Michael~

sweet, i started thinking maybe it could be bridgesii when i saw that new yellow spine come out.. but then hey i wasnt even sure it was a trich!

thanks again michael but it seems that was way too easy...

this onewas also sold as Coryphantha ?...

corypAtop.jpg

CorypAob.jpg

Oh my, this third species is a bit more of a challenge for sure. Don't look like a Caryphantha at all, the tubercles are all wrong. Maybe a Gymnocalycium or Matucana. Is the skin waxy or sort of rough when you drag your fingernail on it? I see what appear to be a flower starting on it. Let us see a picture if you can take one.

~Michael~

I can be quite hopeless at ID, but after looking through a few pics from various sources,

Coryphantha elephantidens, may be worth looking at. Some pics looked quite close (though they were older specimens) Seems to be a few similarities though.