The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mesqualero

Preparing San Pedro....

Archaea is the one who came up with this TEK originally from memory...there is a thread/post about it at the nook...not sure of the specifics of the soaking of the flesh so best to ask Archaea next time he is around.

H.

Wouldn't this method leave you with a lot of water at the end and .:. requiring a final boil down?

yes, depending on how much water you add to the cactus chunks. i only add enough to cover them. slowly simmering/evap'ping only takes a few hours for about 6-8 litres. movin surrounding air helps the evap along nicely too.

i have a 2 container system: 1 full of chopped cactus being soaked with a tap at the bottom of it, and 1 to store the liquid. The first one soaks for a couple days, then i drain it off into the second container. Do that a few times, then simmer away the liquid in the second container. BAM! easy good cactus syrup B)

So someone actually did it! Cool.

So does the cold soaking water go yellow like when boiling? Any noticable differences experientially?

Re: the amount needed to reduce - well it wouldn't be much more than some peeps do normally anyway, the ones that do 3 or 4 separate extractions per batch.

Edited by strangebrew