The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mescalito

Comfrey

Does anyone have any??

Seeds or cuttings,some idiot said it's illegal.

I know you can get creams,but not tinctures or plants/dried material :mad:

Illegal?????

Try your local nursery.

Its as common as neanderthals in parliament :D

Seriously though, i've seen it in every nursery herb section i've browsed through. (NSW)

Dazd

i think you'll find that it's illegal to sell as an internal medicine. i keep some growing besides the compost heap as it adds nutrients. also good to mash up and apply to injuries.

double post. might as well prattle on some more. comfrey is a good thing to plant in its own area as it tends to take over, even a small section of the black root is good for another plant. if you get no glee tracking one down then PM me and i'll get something in the post.

[ 24. May 2003, 21:09: Message edited by: waterdragon ]

Taa I gave up on nurseries-I don't want roses or Gerberas(except Dog rose,which is everywhere!)

The Salvias are..... "what are they??

Tricho-what??

I'll give it a go and let you know!

Thanx(W.D. will send you a mix as I promised :) )

What's all the fuss about Comfrey anyway??

S'ppose Cal. Poppie will be next :confused:

[ 25. May 2003, 04:31: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Comfrey is good in a permaculture garden for using it a a boarder around permaculture gardens. It is also got Vitamin B12. Too Much of Comfrey can be toxic from vitamin B12 Ive heard. Also Comfrey is easy to get. look up some organic herb nursery in the yellow pages or ring up some Permaculturist.

Comfrey is banned because of a blanket ban on plants with pyrrolizadone alkaloids for internal use.

This include useful herbs like Borage, Pulmonaria (lungwort), Comfrey, Coltsfoot and others im sure

The data that these bans are based on is bogus as is so much other supposed medical evidence used to proscribe herbs

[ 23. November 2004, 01:19: Message edited by: reville ]

'demofarcy'

I wouldn't of thought one word ( albeit a neologism ) could describe our system of government so completely

"Coltsfoot"

Yeah, I remember having a plant once........it did help to clear my lungs;but the again, I can buy TOBACCO anywhere :mad:

(as i roll another taxed/legal herb and ignite!!)

Some old dude on the markets once told me he smokes comfrey and it's "like MJ"...never tried, don't believe it...but yes comfrey is good to have in the gardens I know that from the 80s, it'll grow from little pieces of root...