The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Alchemica

Expressions of potential interest for plant-based options?

Which items are of interest?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been having a bit of an existential crisis - absolutely bored with existence - as disability robs me of significant ability to do things that I find meaningful and valuable on a wider scale, trying to find things that are worthwhile and fulfilling, yet still achievable. I'm curious as to if there is interest in these sorts of things below? Which ones would be of interest?

Please note: All items are not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition.

This is just a concept at the moment but I've been exploring some prototypes of plant-based options that may meet unmet needs that may have use to the community. I'm writing here to see firstly what sort of interest there may be in the following options, if there is any and where I should potentially put my efforts into development of options?

Even if you have other ideas on things that are legit, I'd like to hear.

I'd be looking to base it on a 'Donation to a greater good' based scheme where for example, one could - at their choice - contribute a donation to a relevant charity as exchange for goods - that would be your part to do and I'd simply trust your end of the deal. If you wanted to, covering postage costs after receiving items would be helpful and maybe help me continue to do more in the way of this sort of thing down the track. Not sure how it's going to work longer term and I'm currently finding the research and development pricey but hopefully once that settles, I can minimise costs

1832133417_widergoodapothecary2.thumb.jpeg.b9adce52fff0d2f637bffd83e8c7e47c.jpeg

They'd be fairly small samples, just to get an idea if these options potentially worked for you, and if they did, you could then feel free to source ingredients to make it yourself, and optimise if you like, which I'd encourage.

Some of the prototypes I've been exploring:

Mind Mend Cognitive Blend

992838789_Mindmendcognitiveblend.thumb.jpg.98c12378274271eb07c6a9e5cb319ac0.jpg

Ingredients: Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Lion's Mane, Saffron, Mucuna, Ginkgo, White Peony, Rhodiola.

Each level teaspoon (2.7g) provides
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root 675mg
Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) 675mg
Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis)  675mg
'Neuro Shroom Blend' 675mg
Saffron (Crocus sativus) 20mg
Suggested serving size: up to 2 level tsp (2.7g ea tsp) three times daily

Caution: Not intended to treat any medical condition or replace professional medical advice. Food supplement ONLY. There have been case studies of potential interactions (namely Rhodiola with serotonergics) with some ingredients with pharmaceuticals, please consult your pharmacist for advice.

"...current pharmacotherapeutics for [cognitive impairment] neither cure nor halt cognitive decline; they just delay the worsening cognitive impairment"

A narrative review found "nutrients and phytonutrients may be promising for treating some aspects of cognitive impairment" with highlighted findings of reviewed clinical trials displaying a wide range of results on cognitive function, with some showing promising effects eg Bacopa monnieri, curcumin, Rhodiola rosea, Saffron, Withania somnifera, and xanthines [1]. 

While conventional Western medicine hasn't made much progress in treating cognitive issues, schools of medicine like Ayruvedic ones might have some clues for good strategies to intervene with for early interventions, or more prophylactically.

As a broader shot-gun approach by utilising a polyherbal formula, the diverse etiology of cognitive issues could potentially be addressed better than the more specific molecular approach adopted commonly in Western medicine. This includes reliance on phytochemical synergies to potentially offer a different, broader and diverse response. That said, as a later intervention in serious cognitive decline, many nutraceuticals offer poor evidence of efficacy.

This is a blend of traditional Ayruvedic herbs: Ashwagandha [2], Brahmi [3], Shankhpushpi [4] - all showing promise in addressing cognitive issues - blended with other options with mounting potential benefits for cognitive issues such as Lion's Mane [5], Saffron [6] and Ginkgo [7], Rhodiola and some other herbs

[1] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmc8445631/
[2] https://doi.org/10.1080/19390211.2017.1284970
[3] https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2008.0018
[4] https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2020.00171
[5] https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.2634
[6] http://dx.doi.org/10.2174/1570159X19666210113144703
[7] https://doi.org/10.3233/jad-215423

Mind mend.pdf

Terpene Dance Spray

936814323_dancespray.thumb.jpg.e7964fc638e04d0d92531092c63bf647.jpg

This one is currently hindered by postage issues as it likely falls under flammable goods and can't be posted. That said, if there is demand, I could maybe look into an option not using ethanol, rather an essential oil solubiliser in water to make it post friendly. That said, I don't want to put effort into things that don't meet a need.

It's designed to be a transdermal essential oil spray that I've found quite effective at loosening up to get into a therapeutic dance. I find with significant transdermal administration, I can personally get loose enough to get into the groove. It does however make you reek like a walking diffuser.

Essential oil-based dance spray

Loosen up naturally and feel the good vibes with a symphony of plant-based actives

Terpene Dance Spray.pdf

Other items I've been exploring:

Ceremonial Cacao bars

1301240948_heartcacao2.thumb.jpeg.eff43d1c760e97d68d509feaa4396221.jpeg

Polyphenol Blend

2032517134_HealingPolyphenolBlend.thumb.jpeg.39c978ccb37df344873d376193c867a2.jpeg

Trying to utilise rich sources of polyphenols (purple corn anthocyanins, citrus flavonoids etc) to create a broad-spectrum polyphenol blend

A 'Golden Paste' option

944779830_goldenpaste.thumb.jpeg.52285df325b1446aa2f0d77a30ba6ccc.jpeg

Tea Blends

1840699058_tulsitea2.thumb.jpeg.f0727bc799035801721f34aea26a5cf1.jpeg

If there's interest in these sorts of things, let me know what sort of things would be useful through the poll above.

Much gratitude for any input you can offer.

Have a lovely day.

• Like 1

@Alchemica Sorry that are feeling lost.

Ceremonial Cacao bars jump out to me.

I think it is the best idea because people love chocolate, however getting something that tastes good would be a challenge. Because people will compare into to a sugary inferior chocolate bar taste. Rose and saffron are not the usual flavors Australian consumers. Very Arabic/Indian.

I am not sure if Kanna can be hidden, that green vegetable taste would a challenge.

I am a foody and avid home cook. So flavor is something that is important to me.

Maybe selling it also as a block to melt down into a drink. The same way Mexican drinking chocolate is sold.

I would be interested in a legal harmine addition to Ceremonial Cacao.

++++++++

As for money - I hate it but if you cannot cover costs with a small profit to expand your service and product - the products will not be sustainable.

++++++++

Tea is always popular but it is also a saturated market.

• Like 1

Thanks for the wise input @Ishmael Fleishman.

I tend to think people seeking ceremonial cacao are of a different mindset than tastes alone so may tolerate some differences but have to see

I want to keep it away from business models and involving payment for goods for several reasons, being more a project I self-fund but agree, making it sustainable is essentially an impossible challenge if one does that but we'll see. A project to do, that I value, more than a sustainable business venture, is the aim

Thanks again for the other points

I'll start to add some items slowly here that are available. PM me if interested.

First up, plain 50g ceremonial cacao hearts (single strong serves) as single or double packs {Edit: only one single heart available]]

273763608_peruviancacaoplain.thumb.jpeg.53dd9626335da8922bbb79afaa48dfed.jpeg

Possible  small donation to a charity of your choice. Single or double packs

DSC_0001699.thumb.jpg.259cfcb41e0baa652f5f062829e14138.jpg

Heart-centred Cacao with Rose, Saffron and Kanna (low dose) ~50g. Please do not combine with pharmaceuticals or MAOI plants etc [Limited quantity available, EDIT: only 2 single hearts available]

235465043_heartcacao2.thumb.jpeg.3f4f204b625cbfb6277ba640d7818064.jpeg

DSC_0001705.thumb.jpg.9d34656175c9340c8c27bb05abe24078.jpg

Possible  small donation to a charity of your choice. Single packs.

Tulsi and Rose tea [EDIT: out of stock]

1408895119_tulsitea2.thumb.jpeg.053524eddcae8b85f2420f588c1f17fd.jpeg

Possible small donation to a charity of your choice

DSC_0001700.thumb.jpg.254a9d848619919460f4655204b559e8.jpg

Functional foods [cognitive and polyphenol blends] still on the way.

Edited by Alchemica
  • Like 1