The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
planthelper

lazy home brew sunday..

have a nice brew evening ph how's the new place treating you? Well i hope!

my e- string is tuned to e...

jeez i wish i could tune...

jeez i wish i had a guitar again...

damn it I'll get one!

it's a lot of work where ever you look, and i am anxious about the big eucalyptus pilularis growing in the garden.

it's exxie to have them removed, but thats what i planed. aswell i will have to learn how to climb a tree with saftyharness and rope, myselfe just to save money...

just finished cleaning out the rainwatertank, a hard steamy job, now i hope for rain...

the whole garden was overgrown with tall grasses, well we all know how hard it is to mowe them down...

i haven't done much nursery work yet,

but i can say i am lucky because my place has more water (=lush) than most other parcels in town. my neighbours are selling there house, for allmost 3 times than what i paid.

well ther house is more than twice as good as mine but, my block is much bigger than there's.

it's a nice 1600m2 and something block,

right in town, a 8min walk to all the shops!!

a 3km walk gets me to the dam, the towns watersupply, which is stocked with various fish and some red claws.

my house is a small minors cottage build out of wood, i bought it because apart from the shower cubicle (as saver coated splash boards) it CONTAINS NO ASBESTOS!!!

:D

if any of you knows about top lopping trees and safty harnesses and petzl stop, pls let me know.

btw, ethno weeds found on property so far,

sida spp; mirabilis spp; cestrum spp;

-------------------------------------------

...whilst my syphon, gently bubbles...

[ 07. March 2005, 12:30: Message edited by: planthelper ]

about chopping trees, learn how to use the equipment. And i recommend the splean "whale tail" or a rack as a decending device. These types are a lot easier to stop and lock off than most other devices. oh and use an electric chainsaw. It may take longer but it can be safer than petrol

I have only chopped down little tress so far but there is a big gum overhanging a nice QLD kaori pine at my place that needs taking out.

if you have a local TAFE they would probably run arborist courses that you could attend once a week for a few weeks. It will give you certification so you could even do it as a profession .... and may save your life.

very good advice thx.

i would use only a handsaw, if up in the tree.