The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Alchemica

Spruced Juice - what sorts you primo medicinal juice needs out?

Coming from being a total tea-totaller (doing lots of healing teas, no alcohol for quite a long time), I require the primo medicinal juice option...

Keen to know how non-drinkers spruce their juice?

Day started with a dose of  carotenoids , plenty of polyphenols including cacao, banana and peel, pomegranate and peel etc. small doses of grape seed and cinnamon, therapeutic Kale, rocket, basil etc.

Whipped up a large dose of Purple carrot (also rich in anthocyanins), Beetroot (rich in betalains and dietary nitrate etc), Galangal (Community garden from what I potted up, little bit of rhizome and quite a lot of aerial parts - This "Spice of Life" has been characterised to contain at least 12 flavonoids and 4 diarylheptanoids in the leaves), Hibiscus (good anthocyanin etc source) and 3 types of Community Garden Mint including heaps of Spearmint... went well with the kale, basil and rocket etc for lunch.

Tastes quite good but I put a seriously medicinal mint dose in. Cant really taste the galangal too much as it's A. officinarum, which is medicinal but not particularly pungent in flavour.

Turned into a beautiful night outside for a long walk, peaking on polyphenols, those anthocyanins in particular are really CNS active (and seem cumulative), they're not just cognitive, these flavonoids alone have a strong effect on positive affect even acutely [seen in studies], combined with diverse healing synergistic phytochemicals, appreciating the Lunar Goddess at 96.2% of her full glory, Mother Earth and Father Sky.

Edited by Alchemica
  • Like 4