The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fractalhead

Who wanted acorns?

Hi, I remember someone was recently looking for oak acorns but a search for oak + acorns didn't reveal the post. I can get lots of acorns if you want them, and/or young oak trees (which are coming up everywhere under the old oak tree).

Email me if you are interested.

Cheers,

Fractal

I know they don't really like it up here, but I'd like to try anyway. Where did you collect them?

Someones got some patience.

Absolutely tons here, Canberra.

Crunching under your feet, falling on your bonnet/head.

Oh, Torsten, O/T but did you ever sort out your GCMS requirements? Hows it going, finding it useful?

Just wondering,

Kai.

Originally posted by squiresk:

Oh, Torsten, O/T but did you ever sort out your GCMS requirements? Hows it going, finding it useful?

sadly we don't have it yet. Had to put it off for at least 6 months due to some unexpected expenses at Wandjina. It is definitely on the top of the list though and not losing sight of it.

I haven't collected them yet but will if people want them. There are quite a few old oak trees on the "Oak Lawn" at uni. One of the trees actually has bare soil under it and this has allowed the acorns of past years to germinate and grow into little oak trees. I presume they will transplant OK if people want them. As for the acorns, they are still mostly unripe at this stage but appear to be close to maturity. Also available from the uni gardens are Ginkgo biloba cuttings and Catha edulis seeds

Cheers,

Fractal

how many do i want?

well about 10 (yes that sounds like a nice number)

why?

1)partner has been after one to bonsai

2)sacred to celts

they are pretty much my reasons well i want em cause they are sacred mainly

I can do it as soon as they ripen up. not sure how long that will be - maybe a couple of weeks, probably more. If you have some that are ready to send straight away, then maybe you should send him some. I'll be collecting them anyway to send to at least Torsten, so I really don't mind. I guess it just depends how urgently IM wants them.

Fractal

The Balingup tree farm has lots of deciduous nut bearing species and is bound to have acorns. On Satuday the 26th of April there will be a small farm field day which could be interesting, but then there's always something interesting happening in Balingup. Last time I was at the arboretum I was circled by some ferocious looking sheep which didn't seem to happy about me rading their english mulberry tree.

:huh: Edited by Rev