The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
etherealdrifter

Industrial Hemp Association of VictoriaTalk Friday 19th Feb

Some people might find this worthwhile. Summer Talking Plants - The Wonder of Hemp
hemp2x400.jpg
with Lyn Stephenson, President Industrial Hemp Association of Victoria

Lyn is passionate about hemp – its uses and benefits have been under-rated and even maligned.

Hemp is non-drug cannabis and has been used for thousands of years. It is an annual plant, a beneficial rotational crop and requires less than half the water that cotton needs. It requires no herbicides or pesticides and can be used to produce a myriad of products ranging from food through to textiles and building materials.

Lyn owns and operates a small farm near Kyneton where she has a licence to grow hemp. She is experimenting and learning first-hand the agronomy of hemp so she can share it with others.

Join Lyn as she takes us on an exploration of the potential of this wonderful plant.

When: Friday 19 February at 10 am
Where: Domain House, Dallas Brooks Drive
Cost: $20 Members ($25 Non members)
RSVP Monday 15 February
Bookings essential
Enquiries: (03) 9650 6398
hemp.jpg

When
2/19/2016 10:00 AM
Where
Domain House
Dallas Brooks Drive
MELBOURNE
VIC 3004
  • Like 6

"Hemp is non-drug cannabis" say whah? I did not know there was "drugs" in cannabis! who puts it in there?? crist... I'll have to stop it now then.. gee I thought it was just a plant.. A harmless little cuddley wuddley plant.

I must say, to hear it has "drugs" in it is upsetting. I honestly didn't know. I'm glad there is a "drug" free cannabis. is that legal? if it's free of drugs (that i didn't know it had) then why does she need a license to grow it??

umm.. this world is farked.

• Like 1

Yeah when you think of the history of hemp in Australia, it all seems fucking ludicrous.

Australia was founded primarily as a Hemp growing colony. They don't tell us that at school, just crap about wool, wheat and coal.

Sir Joseph Banks sent Hemp seeds to his colleges all over the world and also grew about 10 acres of "Indian hemp seeds" that grew "with utmost luxuriance, generally from six to ten feet in height." in the Hawkesbury and Napean regions and he didn't even seem aware of the difference between cannabis sativa and cannabis indica.

If it wasn't for these plants, chances are Australia as we know it would have never come into existence.

It's all political BS filtered through the minds of corporate owned politicians.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 2

yup.