The Corroboree

dnno if i already posted this vid but struggling a bit at the mo and so is the comp for some reason

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

I'm sharing my suger bowl with some ants of late ( yes, I know suger is bad,lol) They get in even with the lid on. They don't bother me, but I just have make sure one doesn't get scooped up for a cup of coffee.

post-7430-0-80369600-1458698319_thumb.jp

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

a Corydoras pygmaeus died of old age I guess.. and floated to the top of the aquarium while I was setting a place for a mangrove pot ... (been a while that we've had them and could probably do with getting some more)

So it got fed to the ants today .... 2016-04-21 23.20.55.jpg

2016-04-21 23.21.11.jpg2016-04-21 23.21.15.jpgand as an experiment , .. I also fed some of the ants to the fishies :3 - which was educational ,

and pretty interesting ..

2016-04-21 23.20.55.jpg

2016-04-21 23.21.11.jpg

2016-04-21 23.21.15.jpg

2016-04-21 23.20.55.jpg

2016-04-21 23.21.11.jpg

2016-04-21 23.21.15.jpg

grammar mufukka

Attempt back then failed and I forgot about the thread but a more recent attempt to move them to my new 'De La Fucre' tank did work and they appear to have moved from the Voacanga africana to the Banisteriopsis that grew up with them.

here's a couple fighting over/manipulating together over the bumps; a sciariad fly + larvae :3

P1000647.JPGP1000649.JPG

these ants have never been any trouble for years now :)

P1000647.JPG

P1000649.JPG

P1000647.JPG

P1000649.JPG

to add a +

remember reading through this, interesting to follow, i bought a small colony of those black ants with a brown ass that live in rotting wood, threw them in an old fish tank, fun to watch, id sit there for hours, spider showed up called him henry, bastard killed me ants since havent been able to source a colony without travelling to far

• Like 1

sound like cool ants man .. i must be lucky with the spiders here.. there have been a few in the same ant space but not noticed anything untoward ... although the spiders don't seem to "hang around" long .. maybe lack of food or perhaps they get munched by the ants..

it's so deeep that ant world with too many species for my brain so far and i love the description but dnno which ants you mean but I dont know that many anyway ..

i think the only name i can recall off the top of my head was lazius niger .. common black ant where i live.. hehe brown assed ants sound like they would be worth knowing the species by the sounds of how fun they were .. i guess same could be said for mine but cant even remember what genus id tracked em down to ... maybe i put it in the thread earlier.. i shd go check :3

-edit- that was it Pheidole .. took forever to just narrow it down to that..

and lol - dislikes chocolate .. which i thought was wierd..

What did yours like to eat? did they make ant chains?

• Like 1