The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
oatis

Mimosa Help

soooo my mimosa has been rather sick for some time now at first i thought it was a Nitrogen deficiency but it doesnt seem to be the case ,... maybe its the soil mix ...i have it in my standard cacti mix .....

any ideas guys ??

post-14757-0-15631300-1448081257_thumb.j

post-14757-0-15631300-1448081257_thumb.jpg

post-14757-0-15631300-1448081257_thumb.jpg

Maybe it would prefer to be in the ground, generally speaking, keeping trees healthy in a pot is difficult to achieve, not impossible but tress will never show healthy mature growing characteristic until they have spent a few years filling up the soil with their roots.

• Like 2

yeah you do make a good point there

It doesn't look too bad to me.

Why is pegged up like that ?

Mimosas like to spread their branches out horizontally and they even hang down sometimes.

It's been a weird season this year and we haven't had consistent warm nights where I am yet. Maybe it just hasn't kicked in yet. They are evolved to grow in hot humid areas and in some places winter can be very stressful for them.

Like Change said - it's a tree and trees like to be in the ground and spread their roots. Do it a favour and plant it in the ground, now is the perfect time for tree that size if you are in Oz.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

i pegged it coz it was lying on the ground maybe ill unpegg it and see how it goes.... yeah this could be the case it was a pretty average winter here in wa ........ i dont have any where i could plant it in the ground as of yet ,,,,,,, i have a hot house i might chuck it in there an see how its goes also :lol:

• Like 1