The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fenris

Pomegranite extract

I was following Torstens adventures with cranberry juice on FB recently, he was loosing some weight which he believed was due to the purple in the cranberries (I'm paraphrasing).

I am quite partial to pomegranate juice, it has one of the highest ORAC ratings I have seen and I like the taste, you can also get it in 100% juice. After reading up on pomegranate juice & extracts it turns out that it can be helpful in managing type 1 diabetes as it ( cant remember specifics at the moment) modifies the body's metabolism of sugars. So I found a place that sold pomegranate extract, this particular store sells "not for human consumption, cosmetics only" extracts :wink: so I grabbed some and capped it up.

I was hoping that the purple in the pomegranate and the awesome ORAC might also help me loose some weight. I did manage to shift a kg or two but I don't believe that it was due to the direct effects of the extract. What I started to notice was that my sugar cravings (and alcohol cravings) were vastly reduced, and because I wasn't smashing the Jersey caramels and chock buds so much, and drinking less whiskey & dry, I was able to loose some weight.

I offered some to my long suffering other half & human guinea pig and she also noticed the reduction in sugar cravings . In fact the cravings have been much abated for weeks after finishing the first course of pomegranate extract.

I am interested in the anti-diabetic aspects of the pomegranate as my 3 yr old was diagnosed earlier this year, but will wait for him to make an informed choice rather than dosing the little guy. Anyway, we have a blood glucose tester in the house and one day I thought I would test myself. Now the standard range for a non diabetic is around 5 or 6 milli moles/L, if my son drops below 4 we need to give him some carbs or sugar to bring his level up, and if he is above 8 we need to start treating him or at least monitor his intakes more closely.

Anyway this was only 1 measurement I took on myself late one morning and my BGL was 3.9 milli mole/L so I think the extract might have had something to do with the low reading, but a sample size of 1 is a pretty poor representation. In the months previous I had tested myself a few times and usually got results around 5.6mm/L so was quite surprised to see the 3.9.

Anyway I thought I would post this for interest. I was testing this on myself to see if there were any adverse side effects like intestinal discomfort but was surprised by these results.

I also have a Momordica charantia extract (bitter gourd) which is purported to have anti-diabetic functions as well but haven't tried any so far.

Neither myself nor my partner have diabetes and there is no recorded family history of it.

I also have a Momordica charantia extract (bitter gourd) which is purported to have anti-diabetic functions as well but haven't tried any so far.

Neither myself nor my partner have diabetes and there is no recorded family history of it.

Fomitopsis Pinicola have antidiabetic properties according to this

Fomitopsis_pinicola_1.JPG

• Like 1

Nee How! From Dhong Ki Wang Ghost Doctor with Scabies to Clan Pat Uri.

Esteemed Fenris please forgive I am unsure of your enquiry - I do not understand if you desire more information about Punica pomegranate - a most noble herb for shaman use; weight-loss, a considerable subject within itself; or herbs that are used to treat diabetes. I am your servant for such information to be the treasure of us all here in forum.

Nature has provided us with ready supply of Madagascar Periwinkle C​atharanthus roseus ​as abundant as the blessings of Heaven for the emergency treatment of diabetes. A tea of twenty leaves will stabilize a sufferer for a day until proper medical attention can be obtained. This matter has been well testified in literature if it pleases you to confirm my suggestion. I pray that this should always be remembered to prevent death by the wise doctor of herbs. I trust you do not find my affirmation too bold in such recommendation for the diabetes crisis is a very serious, if not very obvious, concern.

Please feel free to resolve your intent for my understanding as a kindness to this, your servant.号汪驴

Regards of Clan Pat Uri

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 2