The Corroboree
Maxofoz

Biopod - Worlds First Smart Microhabitat on Kickstarter

I thought this was too cool not to share, it has so much potential.

I've got some cool products on Kickstarter but have been burnt a couple of time as well so Caveat Emptor.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099003506/worlds-first-smart-microhabitat?ref=discovery

I'm trying to validate getting a Biopod Aqua, which with postage comes to $555AU. I'd love to have my own little rainforest plus it acts as an aquiponics system. The base model would still come in handy for seed raising or mycology.

• Like 3

They are cool I want !

I so need 3

One expensive fish tank, I think you could diy something like this for cheap, the whole app thing I reckon really takes the love out growing, bit gimmicky imo. In saying that if you have alot going on and live in an apartment cool idea.

Maybe you could diy one up bedofspines but not me :-(

Sitting a takeaway container on top of a heat mat is as far as my eletric and wiring knowledge takes me.

C02 control and all Bedofspines?

This seems like a well designed and constructed unit, I'd love to know how to fab this myself and keep it under $500 (and allow such sensitive plants/fauna to grow NO ISSUES like the video suggests is possible). Maybe if enough people are interested we can take them up on a bulk/wholesale offer, that makes it all so much more affordable.

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d
  • Like 2

I mean it is well designed and pretty, does it do co2? Video says o2 injection which as you might imagine is an air pump, it's got a little sprinkler head in there for watering, a heat mat, probly some cheap led panel. A bunch of sensors so that little aduino Pcb? can conroll those parts accordingly, I wonder if it needs a constant interwebs connection if it is constantly sending info to the clowd, does it fail to update the environment otherwise? It's great and all but I don't think it's "space age technology" as advertised and you still have to fill it up and choose the right medium etc. Not just put in seed press play lol.

we can take them up on a bulk/wholesale offer, that makes it all so much more affordable.

1.deadstar

Ect.

Ps depending on final price

I was looking at using a small wine fridge as a grow unit but when you add in humidity and temperature sensors plus fans and a humidifier it starts to get to go from a fun build to something that I can see giving me the shits.

I've already pledges for the Aqua but will probably downgrade my pledge to a Terra so the price with deliver will come down to around $450.

From my understanding you can tweak the environmental setting or use their presets. It doesn't have to be connected to the cloud if you don't want it, but if you do then you can share the data to the community.

"this guy god tired of fanning his SGFC"