The Corroboree
Conv3rgence

When to buy seeds from EU/USA vendors?

If I'm after fresh seed, when would be the good time to purchase from USA (mesagarden) or EU (koehres). Or any other reccomended vendors? I'm after ornamental cacti and succulent seeds, mostly looking for Obregonia, Astrophytum, Ariocarpus, Mesembs, Haworthia and others.

Thanks

Mesa garden is always a good choice. As far as I know, they have quality seeds. And you should ask Köhres about the fresh types they have. As most seed has a relatively long viability, they probably wont renew their stock each and every year. That means the sooner you buy the seeds you want, the higher is your chance to get seedlings. Of course they all buy new seeds but if I were you I´d ask them what of their stock is the freshest. Or which one has the best viability.

i find that just around the end of autumn/beginning of winter is prime time for USA sourced seed..

EU seems to be similar usually, but with longer availability , not always earlier but usually always for longer

been sending all my freshly harvested ario & astro seeds to mates in Oz, check with them lol

• Like 3